Changing the background and and not visible objects problem

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi,

i really liked in the previous version of Enscape there was a background with grass and sky. Very simple and worked really well for me. Is there a chance to apply it somehow in the latest version? I'd much rather see the ground green than black as it's now. (see the first picture) I don't really like the backgrounds built into Enscape and I don't wanna waste my time finding proper hdri pictures as it's not my field of interest. However, the black ground catches your eye and doesn't look natural.

Another question is regarding the fact that not all of the objects are visible in Enscape. There is moulding by the ceiling, but it's actually not visible at all and is merging with wall and ceiling. I used the trick with the moulding on the wall by pulling back a strip of the wall to create a shadow around it, but it's not really the ideal workaround. Any idea how to see more shadows around these objects? I attached an image showing how it looks in Enscape and two views from the Sketchup model.

• The background is under "setting | atmosphere" tab - un-tic the "White background" to see the sky.

On the same tab select "Forest" from the "Horizon | preset" drop down.

With regard to the ceiling coving I believe that's what it should look like, If you want it to look more like the sketchp model you could put the "Outlines" up a few percent (first option on "settings | general" tab)

• I think the images do not look like there is a bug going on. However there is a difference between being close to realism and emphasizing geometrical features. If you want the second part, I suggest to follow Simon's advice to use the outlines. But lighting-wise, you will not achieve these harsh lighting contrasts from the SketchUp viewport in any physically based rendering.