Crashes in both Revit and Sketchup with Oculus

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I have a lot of problems with oculus rift / sketchup / revit / steamVR / enscape

I'n not sure where the problem is - if it is a encsape problem, but it seems so....

Whenever i start VR in sketchup or Revit - SteamVR seems to crash.

I can start Oculus Rift, and from here Google Earth VR, witch uses SteamVR also - and it works just fine.

I havet tested both the latest preview version, and the version before that.

Does others have theese issues?

Thanks

Jorgensen

• You don't need to run SteamVR for using Oculus Rift with Enscape.

=>We only use it for HTC Vive and windows mixed reality headsets.

I haven't heard about that behavior connected to Enscape in particular so far.

I had the same behavior in general when SteamVR tries to conntect to a headset which is already busy. So I don't have SteamVR in Autostart any longer and only start it when I need it.

Which versions of Enscape, Oculus and SteamVR are you using?

• hi jonathan

thank you for getting back to me.

when i activate the vr headset in enscape - steamVR starts right away. And after a short time steamVR says (unresponsive) SketchUp.exe

i can see that it works fine in the enscape window - the model is shown and its responses to the movement of the HMD, but in the HMD i just see a white rectangle on the floor, the green border net, and then a large black floor.

i don't know that's going on :( maybe i could help if i could prevent steamvr to startup - but i did not find this setting.

I use

Windows 7

Enscape 2.1.2

SteamVR is set to use the lasted beta version

Oculus - i'm not sure as i can't find that information

Oculus Rift - lasted model

Sketchup 2017

Thanks

Jorgensen

• Jorgensen

There is a specific option for it in the developers tab of the Steam VR setting:

Start SteamVR -> Settings -> Developer -> Disable option "Start SteamVR when an application starts"

! Be aware that you have to start SteamVR manually after that action.

• i have downloaded an installed the lastest version of oculus software.

when i start sketchup, there is still no connection between sketchup and oculus.

i can see the movements of the HMD in the enscape window - but there is just a small white rectangle and a large black floor when i look inside the HMD.

the same for revit - but here i get a white floor, and a 2d screen flowting in front of me saying "revit.exe loading.".

i tried the aircar demo in the oculus library - and it works fine.

has anyone had this kind of problems?

edit - i did deactive steamvr.exe, so it does not popup when i start enscape.

thanks

jorgensen

• Have you checked our knowledgebase article about using VR HMDs?

You have to allow input from "Unknown sources" in the settings of your Oculus Software.