Crashes in both Revit and Sketchup with Oculus

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I have a lot of problems with oculus rift / sketchup / revit / steamVR / enscape

I'n not sure where the problem is - if it is a encsape problem, but it seems so....

Whenever i start VR in sketchup or Revit - SteamVR seems to crash.

I can start Oculus Rift, and from here Google Earth VR, witch uses SteamVR also - and it works just fine.

I havet tested both the latest preview version, and the version before that.

Does others have theese issues?

Thanks

Jorgensen

• You don't need to run SteamVR for using Oculus Rift with Enscape.

=>We only use it for HTC Vive and windows mixed reality headsets.

I haven't heard about that behavior connected to Enscape in particular so far.

I had the same behavior in general when SteamVR tries to conntect to a headset which is already busy. So I don't have SteamVR in Autostart any longer and only start it when I need it.

Which versions of Enscape, Oculus and SteamVR are you using?

• hi jonathan

thank you for getting back to me.

when i activate the vr headset in enscape - steamVR starts right away. And after a short time steamVR says (unresponsive) SketchUp.exe

i can see that it works fine in the enscape window - the model is shown and its responses to the movement of the HMD, but in the HMD i just see a white rectangle on the floor, the green border net, and then a large black floor.

i don't know that's going on :( maybe i could help if i could prevent steamvr to startup - but i did not find this setting.

I use

Windows 7

Enscape 2.1.2

SteamVR is set to use the lasted beta version

Oculus - i'm not sure as i can't find that information

Oculus Rift - lasted model

Sketchup 2017

Thanks

Jorgensen

• Jorgensen

There is a specific option for it in the developers tab of the Steam VR setting:

Start SteamVR -> Settings -> Developer -> Disable option "Start SteamVR when an application starts"

! Be aware that you have to start SteamVR manually after that action.

• i have downloaded an installed the lastest version of oculus software.

when i start sketchup, there is still no connection between sketchup and oculus.

i can see the movements of the HMD in the enscape window - but there is just a small white rectangle and a large black floor when i look inside the HMD.

the same for revit - but here i get a white floor, and a 2d screen flowting in front of me saying "revit.exe loading.".

i tried the aircar demo in the oculus library - and it works fine.

has anyone had this kind of problems?

edit - i did deactive steamvr.exe, so it does not popup when i start enscape.

thanks

jorgensen

• Have you checked our knowledgebase article about using VR HMDs?

You have to allow input from "Unknown sources" in the settings of your Oculus Software.