MP4 textures

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I'm so desperate for this that I even had to abandon Enscape halfway through a project because the client needed an animated material,

See big monitors, they need their animated logo in video, currently I can only use clips for stills.

• I'm so desperate for this that I even had to abandon Enscape halfway through a project because the client needed an animated material,

See big monitors, they need their animated logo in video, currently I can only use clips for stills.

What was your fallback software, if you don't mind my asking?

• Add my vote for this.

Could this be implemented by allowing users to repath a Revit decal in Enscape ? I could place static jpg decal in Revit, and Enscape could aquire it's position, size etc and overlay a video player surface on it instead. That way you don't have to mess with the actual image or the CAD packages materials. Turn the image off and put a video player over the top of it which is totally native to Enscape with the same pixel dimensions and aspect. The UI could list all detected decal images and prompt the user to either leave it alone or add a path to a different file. This would be extremely cool and super useful for people doing big expensive public venue projects.

• Official Post

Add my vote for this.

Could this be implemented by allowing users to repath a Revit decal in Enscape ? I could place static jpg decal in Revit, and Enscape could aquire it's position, size etc and overlay a video player surface on it instead. That way you don't have to mess with the actual image or the CAD packages materials. Turn the image off and put a video player over the top of it which is totally native to Enscape with the same pixel dimensions and aspect. The UI could list all detected decal images and prompt the user to either leave it alone or add a path to a different file. This would be extremely cool and super useful for people doing big expensive public venue projects.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll definitely add this as further input to the feature request as well.

which one is easy for new learners, for animation??????

Pardon, could you kindly rephrase that request? And welcome to our forum! :)

• +1 My request is, when this becomes possible for the mp4 to effect the lighting of the scene. ie, if the video is a strobe light flashing rapidly and the scene is a dark room, for the room to flash. Or if the video is candle lights flickering for it to actually effect the room a bit.

• So, it has been well over a year since this request and many users agree that this is needed. Has the Enscape team done anything beside acknowledging?

Is this actually being implemented? to some users this will be a "nice" added feature and others it's a must have, I'm the latter and need to make decisions when renewing licences, so please can I get some sort of indication about this feature?

• Official Post

+1 My request is, when this becomes possible for the mp4 to effect the lighting of the scene. ie, if the video is a strobe light flashing rapidly and the scene is a dark room, for the room to flash. Or if the video is candle lights flickering for it to actually effect the room a bit.

Added your vote, thanks a lot!

So, it has been well over a year since this request and many users agree that this is needed. Has the Enscape team done anything beside acknowledging?

Is this actually being implemented? to some users this will be a "nice" added feature and others it's a must have, I'm the latter and need to make decisions when renewing licences, so please can I get some sort of indication about this feature?

While I can fully understand that this is a vital feature for you, this is something which we're unfortunately not working on for 2.6. There are a ton of functions which are heavily demanded, but we, of course, only have so many resources, even though we would of course love to implement anything which would be helpful to our userbase. In the future there'll always be many further demanded functionalities which will find their way into Enscape, so it is really mostly a matter of time.

• Well then, I see no point in making requests, I have been waiting for a year, you could have said something a long time ago. pretty shitty that y'all kept lying about noting another plus one, what for? you have no intentions to add this anyway, wasting my time.

• Official Post

Well then, I see no point in making requests, I have been waiting for a year, you could have said something a long time ago. pretty shitty that y'all kept lying about noting another plus one, what for? you have no intentions to add this anyway, wasting my time.

Every upvote does count, and a lot of functionalities which were demanded most have been implemented into Enscape already. We didn't lie to you, instead we were pretty transparent, stating that this feature is not our priority right now. I'm sorry that you feel this way - we didn't mean to cause any frustration. I can understand that it's frustrating that the implementation of a particular feature seems to be far off, but again, there are other things on our list right now which will find its way into Enscape 2.6.

• Well then, I see no point in making requests, I have been waiting for a year, you could have said something a long time ago. pretty shitty that y'all kept lying about noting another plus one, what for? you have no intentions to add this anyway, wasting my time.

I think they've been pretty responsive overall with development requests and product improvements. You're always welcome to go use another product if you don't like the direction this one is headed. Throwing a hissy-fit in the forums because your feature request hasn't been completed yet doesn't help anybody.

• You're always welcome to go use another product if you don't like the direction this one is headed. Throwing a hissy-fit in the forums because your feature request hasn't been completed yet doesn't help anybody.

I use several products daily, I'm a production artist, previz, story boards etc. you may feel i'm having a "hissy-fit" but to me this is a critical feature that is available in Lumion that I also have but then i lose my fluid workflow that Enscape clearly has an advantage over Lumion. I'm upset as I feel that we have been waiting for something my workflow desperately needs and hoping for over a year that maybe, just maybe it will be included in the next release only to find out that it's not even on the radar, which had I known I could have adjusted my expectations.

• Solo you just hit the nail on the head when you said "...something my workflow desperately needs". Your workflow is not every bodies workflow and while this would be a great feature to have, its clearly not a high priority for the dev. team who is developing for a community, not you alone. I think you need to adjust your expectations for all software, not just Enscape.

• Solo you just hit the nail on the head when you said "...something my workflow desperately needs". Your workflow is not every bodies workflow and while this would be a great feature to have, its clearly not a high priority for the dev. team who is developing for a community, not you alone. I think you need to adjust your expectations for all software, not just Enscape.

This is going to sound terrible and self serving but my "hissy-fit" as you call it is all about MY workflow, this is a feature I need, I even started this self serving thread, all I needed was some sort of indication that my request was not inline with the development plans and I'd have accepted it and figured something else out, but I have been hopeful for over a year only to hear it's not happening. "you need to adjust your expectations for all software, not just Enscape" what does that even mean?

• Pete, I hear your frustrations! It seems like every software avenue we turn down, there's some critical piece missing. I know Ted is coming from an experience of having been on the developer side, so I hear how he's trying to temper the frustration. However, it does seem to me that there's been some communication breakdown here about the roadmap. I'm a bothered that workflow related to video generation seems to very low on the list of priorities. I agree with Pete that the developers here should have been more clear about this part of the software lacking in priority. I don't know what it's coming from, but it does limit what I will be able to do with this software, and how likely it is that I will be able to rely on it for my work over other competing software.

• Animated textures is not really a unique feature, pretty sure many users would like to have a TV playing in their videos, some may even need a real fire in the fireplace. I have many uses for this feature. Communication regarding this would have been a lot better than just constant acknowledgement and no action is my whole "hissy-fit" point.

• You used to do this in the V-Ray for SketchUp forums too. If a feature request you made or comment you posted, wasn't responded to fast enough for your liking you would get bent out of shape. You're not the only one who does this kind of stuff, but your comment caught my eye today.

This feature is clearly in the dev. pipeline, maybe it will be in some future iteration of the product, which would be great. But if it doesn't, oh well. Tough, start using max or blender or c4d or any other product that does support it. But when you get onto a forum and complain that 'the dev team lied to you' and start cursing at them, I take it personally, because I've been on both ends of the development process, as a user and as developer. They don't owe you anything, not an indication that your request is valid, not a full product road map, nothing. They're job is to answer relevant questions, review all requests collectively and build a platform that functions effectively for the majority of users and the community as a whole.

So, in the future, I would suggest you post more constructively, because the only one here wasting your time is you.