MP4 textures

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • You used to do this in the V-Ray for SketchUp forums too. If a feature request you made or comment you posted, wasn't responded to fast enough for your liking you would get bent out of shape. You're not the only one who does this kind of stuff, but your comment caught my eye today.

Ted, please show me where I did this, I do not even use Vray, never owned it, only tried it as a trial more than 10 years ago, I was using Podium and Vue at the time, you may have me mixed up with someone else, or remember me as a global moderator at Sketchucation where many users were frustrated at Vray at that time.

• Ted, please show me where I did this, I do not even use Vray, never owned it, only tried it as a trial more than 10 years ago, I was using Podium and Vue at the time, you may have me mixed up with someone else, or remember me as a global moderator at Sketchucation where many users were frustrated at Vray at that time.

That could very well be, I may be mixing users, my memory is not perfect. But my comment still stands regarding constructive posting.

And no, I don't want to work in development again any time soon.

• Constructive posting? from what stand point a user or a developer? It's not like I get this program for free and just whimsically asked for a cool feature, I need this feature and would even be willing to pay someone to develop it, or pay more for it, if I get my needs so do many users, that is how development works, you should know. I am vocal as my livelihood depends on this software, it's important to my business, sorry you feel so offended, I'm not sorry for my actions and will still push for this feature.

• Dude, push for the feature all you want. Don't be a jerk when you do it.

but when he archieve some succses with this thread then u will be first to use it for your self , right ? he fighting for him self , i , for myself and sometimes our fights meets together for one goal , you it seems, fight for no real goal , are you even do CG for living ? if not , pls dismiss from this thread ....

• I had the same encounter last month and when I had the request to add a specific mask for my promotional vid I had to turn down the request because it was close to impossible to hand mask what was needed, and also impossible to start over on lumion. So I think that Solo is right, there should be something added, since they worked on the UI for exporting videos which as gone pretty good, I mean its a full thing, you don't get to add complex features without looking at the big picture and I think that it even would be a very competitive move toward Lumion to do so...

"You used to do this in the V-Ray for SketchUp forums too. If a feature request you made or comment you posted, wasn't responded to fast enough for your liking you would get bent out of shape. You're not the only one who does this kind of stuff, but your comment caught my eye today. "

"So, in the future, I would suggest you post more constructively, because the only one here wasting your time is you."

"Dude, push for the feature all you want. Don't be a jerk when you do it."

Ted.Vitale

Literally being a "jerk" by falsely and openly diminishing to end the conversation or even prove a point? ...

Anyway, I don't want to overstep but solo has been giving more than useful feedback to enscape dev team for so long... I know the dev team have its own agenda but I also think that key features should be looked at. Enscape is at a point where it starts to compete with the big ones like Lumion and I think that in order to generate new users its important to bring features that comes in the same range/or better as its competitors. Also, the "greater" community which is the one enscape is aiming as you make it sound, is probably not the community that actually sends reports, feedback and useful insight on bugs and fixes required. they are probably not those who contribute the most to this forum also.

Just a thought Solo in the mean time can you work around it by exporting 2 mp4s

- One original

- One with a plain color found nowhere else in the model

Where you could post-process it with a tracking mask? I.E.: After effects

• I can kinda understand why the developers prioritize other features.

The software is aimed at visualizing buildings. Video textures could be useful to create ambience and make rooms feel alive, but so could animated people/ trees/cars/doors/escalators etc.

It makes sense to optimize Enscape for static scenes, before moving on to animated scenes.

Having only animated textures, while everything else in the video is static, would feel a bit like a gimmick to me.

• So does the animated water seem like a gimmick too?

• You're right in that regard, I apologize for that Solo, for the mis-judgement there and for in accurately pointing to past problems, i was definitely mistaken. I was also probably a bit harsh. But I stand by my initial point that I think its inappropriate to lash out at the devs who work very hard on this product because a feature has not been implemented yet.

• You're right in that regard, I apologize for that Solo, for the mis-judgement there and for in accurately pointing to past problems, i was definitely mistaken. I was also probably a bit harsh. But I stand by my initial point that I think its inappropriate to lash out at the devs who work very hard on this product because a feature has not been implemented yet.

No problem, I understand, I have been on so many software forums for products I use or test and I do have a lot to say and problems I report that it's easy to assume by my earlier post that I am an abrasive member, my tone was out of line I must admit now that I look back and I apologize to the devs for lashing out.

so,.... when can I expect my animated textures? :p

• So does the animated water seem like a gimmick too?

Yes. As do the animated clouds.

Personally I would rather see several other improvements before animated textures: light being coloured as it passes through tinted objects (and casting shadows) is way higher in my priority and much less of a "gimmick" than having a TV in my model that plays. So does saving the settings per scene (being worked on). So does an easier way to implement lighting. As does implementation of stereo/positional sound ...

I like the fact that the developers have their own agenda and it's not about who shouts loudest/most often.

• Yes. As do the animated clouds.

Personally I would rather see several other improvements before animated textures: light being coloured as it passes through tinted objects (and casting shadows) is way higher in my priority and much less of a "gimmick" than having a TV in my model that plays. So does saving the settings per scene (being worked on). So does an easier way to implement lighting. As does implementation of stereo/positional sound ...

I like the fact that the developers have their own agenda and it's not about who shouts loudest/most often.

why u wrote this useless comment ? he wants that ,he is frustrated from lack of passion from devs , so what ?

can admin just delete off topic posts here ?

• Official Post

why u wrote this useless comment ? he wants that ,he is frustrated from lack of passion from devs , so what ?

can admin just delete off topic posts here ?

This thread seems to have gotten off-topic in general. Please kindly be civil to each other - there is no reason to be rude and I think we can all keep up a mature discussion. Everyone here can feel free to open a discussion, share their feedback and opinions, but stating that a particular not-that-demanded functionality is not being implemented due to "lack of passion" from our developers is not true, nor helpful.

I really don't want to "censor" anyone or remove comments if I don't have to, but if it gets insulting, we'll have to do that.

• Hi, enscape is great and will definitly need animation in a close future if it wants to survive the like of UE4, Lumion etc ( besides the possible being bought out by one of those company) animation is a massive tasks and will definitly take a while before being implemented. Any commercial architecture / interior /exterior project has more and more digital interface, experience etc.. so screen animation is a must even if minimal, again lots of work for the Dev team, we know now it won't be in 2.6.

question: when do they think it's possible to have a partial feature like gif/mp4 texture added or would they wait the full animated version with people walking etc.. Could Demian Gutberlet answer this roughly, so we know where to stand.

:thumbsup:

Thanks!

• Official Post

gautier , I can say that it's rather unlikely that animated textures will find its way into Enscape this year.