MP4 textures

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Demian Gutberlet would you consider something though, a fast workaround could be to be able to change Rendering Style Mode from none to a totally new Material Mode. You already have that power implement for material export images, but if you could set a Mode for it we could export 2 mp4s to help masking in post-production on Adobe AE and track the colors.

I think that'd be very less time consuming for you to implement, and a way to give the possibility to the users to work with mp4s to go further with Enscape.

So much thing could be done with this such as changing backgrounds, specific tuning, blend modes, idk tell me if that would be possible.

• This is slightly off the general topic of this forum, but still relevant, is the one thing that I really appreciated from enscape was the Trello development agenda. At least there we knew what was in the works, what was on the horizon, and what was directly being worked on. I don't know what changed or cause that page to be deleted but the transparency between the consumer and the Dev team was a real plus to those of us wanting to stay updated on the current tech being implemented. While I still feel the Enscape team is much more communicative with its users then other programs, I see it turning down a different more closed off path. I think that might be where the frustration Solo is having because I understand from the Dev perspective not wanting to be berated for prioritizing one new feature over the other. On the other side of things, there are forums like this one on this discussion board that are years old and have yet to be implemented while other ideas that where only months old have been included already. Thats just my view on whats been happening though (I'm still waiting on animated fire and I doubt that's even been a blib on the horizon)

• Last jab at it, I am litteraly working on a project that has a 20m long digital wall and was playing with the water material, turns out you can replace the water coustic png in the enscape folder and have any image animated like the water coustic is at the moment. It's controlled by a material shade but has a pattern of movement that repeats ( xyz + rotation etc).

So it wouldn't need much to have one png being moved laterally on any surface, no animated movie frames but a " banner" could repeat ( advertisment type) , controlled exactly like water, intensity could be top or right direction moving etc ( like a bus banner)..

Only problem is that coustic only shows up on horizontal surfaces for now ( but I imagine that's purposedly coded for water)

So just a new material basically with a static image moving onto a surface, if this could be added that would be really a massive step for all of us.

Anyway, again thanks for the listening and hard work.

G

• Official Post

Demian Gutberlet would you consider something though, a fast workaround could be to be able to change Rendering Style Mode from none to a totally new Material Mode. You already have that power implement for material export images, but if you could set a Mode for it we could export 2 mp4s to help masking in post-production on Adobe AE and track the colors.

I think that'd be very less time consuming for you to implement, and a way to give the possibility to the users to work with mp4s to go further with Enscape.

So much thing could be done with this such as changing backgrounds, specific tuning, blend modes, idk tell me if that would be possible.

Something which I can file as a feature request, but I'm afraid, not something which we'll implement any time soon, since this would also be an "expert option", thus not very much demand in return.

This is slightly off the general topic of this forum, but still relevant, is the one thing that I really appreciated from enscape was the Trello development agenda. At least there we knew what was in the works, what was on the horizon, and what was directly being worked on. I don't know what changed or cause that page to be deleted but the transparency between the consumer and the Dev team was a real plus to those of us wanting to stay updated on the current tech being implemented. While I still feel the Enscape team is much more communicative with its users then other programs, I see it turning down a different more closed off path. I think that might be where the frustration Solo is having because I understand from the Dev perspective not wanting to be berated for prioritizing one new feature over the other. On the other side of things, there are forums like this one on this discussion board that are years old and have yet to be implemented while other ideas that where only months old have been included already. Hats just my view on whats been happening though (I'm still waiting on animated fire and I doubt that's even been a blib on the horizon)

Thank you for the constructive feedback Tyler , we do actually have a few ideas already which would offer users more ways to add their voices directly instead of through us to our agenda. But, generally, be aware that every voice is being heard and every upvote is being counted internally. Also, if you haven't already, there is a DevAgenda you can check out here, which will always be updated. :)

Thank you for the feedback and thanks for the creative idea behind this, but, if we were to implement dedicated animated textures, we would definitely do it right - this would be more of a "half-baked" version so to speak, which is something we don't wanna do. :) Hope you'll understand.

• Thank you for the constructive feedback Tyler , we do actually have a few ideas already which would offer users more ways to add their voices directly instead of through us to our agenda. But, generally, be aware that every voice is being heard and every upvote is being counted internally. Also, if you haven't already, there is a DevAgenda you can check out here, which will always be updated.

Demian,

I totally agree with Tyler regarding your development agenda, I do see numerous posts that have been "up voted" but we have no idea what requests have the most votes or what features are going to be in upcoming releases. As an example when you released your objects you asked for feedback on what features users wanted, the overwhelming winner was the ability to create our own library of objects (still my number 1 wish), but we as users have no idea if this will happen and if it does what kind of time frame we are looking at. (While on the objects are more objects going to be released as the current libraries range is rather underwhelming)

Your link to the DevAgenda clearly shows that this post is not always updated as the last "Update" is December 2019 (5 months old), I thing all or us loved the Trello board as is was a easy way to see what was coming up etc, we all feel in the dark a bit now

• Thanks for the support Nuge,

I want to be clear that I am overall really happy with the effort Enscape and their team has been towards taking in user comments and implementing user feedback. I would love to see the Trello website come back, but even if it doesn't, something needs to happen about the way the forums are run. There are so many duplicate forums all requesting similar things, (I think it was last Thursday a separate forum was created again about mp4 textures).

Damien, I bet you guys have a huge list with all the total up votes for ideas and that great info for the team to analytically implement the next round of improvements. But from the client side some of us feel like we are speaking to a brick wall when it comes to the future of the program. Even just a Enscape curated graph on the most requested ideas would go a long way.

But thanks for all that you do because Enscape is a really useful program.

• Official Post

Nuge and Tyler , I hear you both, thanks for the further feedback. We'll consider something similar to Trello again to offer even more transparency than which is currently offered and/or to let users vote directly which feature they want to see implemented - no definite plans yet though.

Also, Nuge , the DevAgenda has been updated on April 16th 2019, the post itself is from December 14th 2018. After 2.6 has been released, the DevAgenda will of course be updated again to reflect what will come with 2.7, and so on.

• Nuge  Tyler: We also work on things like custom assets, but we only write features in the agenda where we are quite confident that they can be released in the next release. Else we would have to add a time estimate which would make things quite complicated. Every major feature that is being requested here is part of our discussions and plannings, it's just not possible to have them all within the next release.

• @Thomas Schander,

I understand where you are coming from and have no expectation that everything we have requested on the forums be implemented in one huge update. I think that would be a completely unreasonable request of you guys. I also don't believe there that there needs to be a timeline added to any information given about what is in the works. On the old Trello website, there was one column for things directly being worked on but the rest of the columns were just notes saying what was on your teams radar.

We just want a little more communication, other than that forum on what the next update is directly going to address. I don't mean to be frank, but while the up-vote system may be super useful to your team and planning whats going to happen next (which is great, keep using it) the up-vote system means nothing to us on the forum since we never see it and that keeps us in the dark. That is where the frustration seems to be coming from.

• Official Post

+1

Added your vote, thank you! :)

• Official Post

jamie lloyd , added, thank you very much! ;)

• Official Post

joelbeeby and andythoms , welcome both to our forum! :) Your up-votes have been added to the topic accordingly.