Water - Liquid improvements

• I am going to evoke the water option topics again. It would be great if :

there would be more water option such as foamy wavy water, waterfall and ocean water that when meets shore provides foam, also river water that waves rhymes with river direction.... please.

• I am going to evoke the water option topics again. It would be great if :

there would be more water option such as foamy wavy water, waterfall and ocean water that when meets shore provides foam, also river water that waves rhymes with river direction.... please.

Forwarded your feedback, thank you! :)

• The liquid filter is cool and I really like how it moves when you move, however there are a few adjustments that I think would improve it greatly:

• Add colour - Occasionally I want to show wine in a glass rather than water, or coffee in a mug, or have a darker tint to show deep water.
    • Edge refraction - slider for the amount of convex/concave bend at the edge of a water texture; in a glass bend one way, puddle spill bend the other.
    • Slider for density - How close the 'waves' are; small and it looks rougher with wind, large and it is smooth on a windless day.
    • Slider for wave height - Ocean waves or storm in a tea-cup
    • Animation - Set a direction, speed and have the ripples move constantly in that direction; ocean waves to flowing river to mill-pond calm.
    • Special animation: Rain - Set size and density for random concentric rings on the surface of water.

Would be better if these were set per texture rather than a global

Hello

You've mentioned good things in your talk, it's admirable.

I was interested in going after them, but regular water is also effective in many cases.

But I haven't tried the sunshine and .....

• Since that post was submitted the Enscape team have worked hard and the water has been improved:

- You can now add colour to the water, but the strength of the effect is related to the distance an object is from the surface of the liquid; you still can't have a cup of coffee or glass of wine.

- The edges of liquid have a 'fall-off' that fades it to nothing; kind of the opposite to an edge refraction that works with bodies of water rather than smaller scale spills and drinks.

- You can now change the height and scale of the waves.

- You can change the animation direction and speed with wind settings.

And the settings are per texture rather than global.

I can only praise the team for their constant development: it makes the next level of improvements seem further, but not impossible:

- Have two adjacent surfaces of liquid with different settings blend together.

- Add a second water colour for the 'top' layer of water before it fades to (the current) water colour.

- Have the ability to adjust the cyan tint that is hard coded into water (Or have this as the 'default' colour... the spring water of streams and lochs around here have a brown 'peat' tint rather than a Caribbean blue)

- Add edge refraction (as above) where a liquid texture meets a glass texture.

- Edge bounce ripple animation (for things that stick into/out of liquid - boats, pier columns, people, ... this could also be used to replicate rain, splashes, fish, etc.)

- Edge border fluctuation (move the intersection line between a liquid and it's container to match the wave animation)

- Underwater light caustics that are projected onto surfaces* and god-rays. (* Just now a liquid acts like a filter, colouring and adding caustics to objects seen through the liquid)

- Light tint/coloured shadows where light comes through the other side of a liquid.

- Shoreline waves.

- Vertical sheets of water.

And with the current settings, it would be much more useful if the wave settings and caustic Intensity could be input with a dimension rather than a percentage.

• Vertical Water is a huge must. When implemented, it might have to be its own material though because of the amount of settings that would go into creating it, I.E. speed of falling water, roughness, mists, height, fall off, color. Having underwater light dynamics for pools and spas would also be awesome.