exclude from White model

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hi :)

I think this might have been discussed before, but i could not find the relevant thread :)

My wish is to be able to exclude certain materials from White mode and Polystyrene mode. I use these modes alot for diagrams, but often i need to highlight someting (eg. an arrow, a certain floor, a wall...), and it would be great to be able to apply a color that is NOT shown as white :) this could be added as an option in the material editor... press "exclude from white mode", or something like that :)

• One option how to do it now would be to use layered screenshots in manual postprocessing.

1. Export layered screenshot with white mode disabled ("normal")

2. Export screenshot in white mode

3. Use exported MaterialID screenshot as a mask to cut out materials that have to be non-white from the white-mode screenshot

4. Lay postprocessed white-mode screenshot over "normal" screenshot

• One option how to do it now would be to use layered screenshots in manual postprocessing.

1. Export layered screenshot with white mode disabled ("normal")

2. Export screenshot in white mode

3. Use exported MaterialID screenshot as a mask to cut out materials that have to be non-white from the white-mode screenshot

4. Lay postprocessed white-mode screenshot over "normal" screenshot

That is how i do it at the moment :) and it works okay... but it still means i have to go to Photoshop... and it could be so much faster if I could cut that out :)

• Official Post

Herbo Thank you for your suggestion! It has been filed as a feature request.