Save Enscape settings with scene.

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Micha  Solo The importance is taken into account, besides that votes are a good indicator.

dvsone1440 Thanks for the clarification. We'll try to come up with a suitable solution.

• Saving settings somehow in the model is of course great in the sense of working reasonably. Even an inexperienced colleague would be able to support you without having to understand or do any setting detail. Even pre-assembled SU templates could be possible so

In this context I liked the setting principle of Artlantis Render, which also saves all setings per camera. That alone is great, but even better is that you can import the settings directly from an existing other render model into your current model. The big disadvantage there is that you can't easily share these settings because you would have to share the entire render file. Within one office organization this is certainly not a problem, but even more so with external partners or on forums.

From this experience I also support the "in model save per scene" variant with the additional settings file export option, as it already exists.

For storing, I think the location of the sketchup file is ideal, probably because each of us has an idea and remembers this used set design.

• +1

Enscape already has the concept of saved positions (views). What we need is an extra button to save the current settings for that saved view. That would also allow more useful batch export.

Saved settings should include at least

all settings on tab 1, 2 and 3 of the settings dialog, time of day and sun overrides (ctrl+u/i and shift+u/I).

• +1

Enscape already has the concept of saved positions (views). What we need is an extra button to save the current settings for that saved view. That would also allow more useful batch export.

Saved settings should include at least

all settings on tab 1, 2 and 3 of the settings dialog, time of day and sun overrides (ctrl+u/i and shift+u/I).

+1 (what is meant by "sun overrides" ?)

• Try holding ctrl+u or ctrl+i or c'shigt+u and shift+i. We use this often to get the sun in the perfect position. Not geographically correct but that's often not a concern.

The problem is that enscape doesn't remember this setting so it's hard to recreate the same shot later (when we want to show the updated design).

• dldieterich2 Thanks for your feedback. Got your upvote.

• +12
    It would be very usefull that the settings are saved by scene.

Example:

-When i work with two scenes one is at night time and one is at daylight. i need a different exposure value in every scene.

-Night time scene could look much better with less clouds then a daylight scene.

All the setting (general, image and atmosphere) that can be controlled by setting presets are specific to each scene!

If these settings will be saved per scene and in the model would be great!:)

In our office, we work with multiple licenses and multiple systems therefore it's important to save by scene and model.

• Official Post

Thanks a lot for your feedback and a warm welcome to our forum! :) I've gladly added a further upvote to the topic! ;)

• I recently discovered the Loading screen Customization and I really like and it and use it on every project. I like using a rendering of the project that is opening. However because that setting sticks with sketchup in general and not with the specific model every time I go between projects I have to switch it back to the other image. Like all the other settings that I wish stayed with each scene, I wish this one stuck with each model as it is saved and defaults to generic if it is a new model. Sometimes I will work on two or three projects in one day and I have to constantly click to change that image since it does not stick with the model. In a perfect world you could control that, like the interface overlay I almost always want that the same (company logo) However I could see a scenario where you might want the logo on the loading screen in which case it always being there is a good thing. Or a logo of the company you are designing for in which case it is a bad thing (better to only stick with the model) If this was a toggle that would be the best scenario.

This is not true in my mind for the larger issue of this thread about saving the settings with the scene. I do not foresee any reason you would want to toggle that. In my mind the settings should always just stick with the skp scenes ideally.

• dvsone1440 Thanks for your feedback! We want to come up with a new solution for our settings in one of our upcoming releases.

So we want to have settings connected to the project files etc.