When will you offer Enscape for 3ds Max?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Upvote, our team uses a similar 3ds max->Sketchup process just for Enscape.

Sure, added your upvote to the topic. :) Welcome to our forum, too!

• The more we use enscape, the more we like it.

It is a shame its pinned to such a low end program like sketchup.

Sketchup has its uses of course and its a great tool and a certain level, but enscape pushes that way beyond what sketchup is designed for.

Curious how you arrive at the conclusion that SU is "such a low end program"?

• Official Post

The more we use enscape, the more we like it.

Sketchup has its uses of course and its a great tool and a certain level, but enscape pushes that way beyond what sketchup is designed for.

It's not just "pinned" to SketchUp, since we also of course fully support Revit, ArchiCAD and Rhino. :)

Most of the amazing renderings you see in our showcase section have actually been produced with Enscape + SketchUp, some large firms use mainly SketchUp for their projects too as far as I can tell.

I think the reason why we're not seeing as many Revit projects, is simply that many of them might be confidential so the user is not able to share many renderings, if any.

But usage wise, SketchUp is used with Enscape about as much as it is used with Revit, although Revit + Enscape is still the most used combination so far judging by our statistics.

So, you are using SketchUp with Enscape, and could you tell me a bit more about what is missing to you? We're always happy to receive feedback and opinions from our customers to, for example, implement new features into Enscape when a particular CAD solution is limited in a certain way. This is why we've implemented a dedicated material editor and also lights, which SketchUp doesn't provide.

• The more we use enscape, the more we like it.

You have no clue how powerful Sketchup is in the hands of a talented artist, I'd wager they would surpass anything you will ever achieve with any software of your choosing.

• I will say that IF Enscape allowed for native animation tools in 3dsmax to be utilized, there would be a benefit for some projects. However, currently Enscape does not allow for many tools in Sketchup such as animation, so that is not a guarantee.

Assuming the same UI would drive Enscape within 3dsmax, the results would be similar with similar modeling.

However I will say it is a big misconception that Sketchup is somehow less than 3dsmax. In some ways it is better, and in others not, depends on your needs. Sketchup is WAY better for quick design and visualization of architecture.

Fyi, I own 3dsmax and have been using since DOS / V1. I have not bothered upgrading / migrating settings since 2016 even though I have been on maintenance the whole time. Sketchup wins my vote over and over for the majority of my projects, which are primarily architectural design/visualization.

• Official Post

Serious upvote for Enscape + 3dsMax

Thank you, gladly forwarded of course.

• While it would be beneficial to have Enscape in Max, there is a slight problem. That is until Enscape fully supports Vray/Corona materials or can read/translate them, it would be fairly unused in Max. We might as well just stick to the native app and Enscape such as Revit, SketchUp etc.

A possible other reason for lack of Revit showcase projects is the material editor in Revit is on the far side of terrible. 99% of our revit+enscape use in the firm is simple gray/white model visuals.

• Personally I’d like to see it plugged into Blender too. Eevee is great and all but there’s still a lot of setup that has to be done to get it looking good. But Enscape’s in either Max or Blender would be cool, but I imagine a total nightmare for the development team to connect up and support. Lots of animation tools, modifiers, and material types to set up and hook up. It’s just a very different work flow from what the design community is used too and would take a lot of legwork I’m sure.

But I still support it if they could do that!

• Ted.Vitale - you're right, the path to implementing Enscape with 3DSMax is fraught with complications and dependencies that would make implementing this a resource hog.

We're fully aware of the demand for both 3DSMax and Blender integration however, so don't lose hope.

I'll up-vote the relevant Feature Requests we have for both CAD's for you and VelvetElvis

• Official Post

yes please make enscape plugins for 3d max

Sent you a reply here already. ;)