When will you offer Enscape for 3ds Max?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • bradfordkelley We haven't made a final decision so far, so we don't have a fixed schedule for it. You can still vote for it at our public development agenda.

• The more we use enscape, the more we like it.

It is a shame its pinned to such a low end program like sketchup.

Sketchup has its uses of course and its a great tool and a certain level, but enscape pushes that way beyond what sketchup is designed for.

I would love to be able to use enscape in 3dsmax. I dont see it as competing against vray/corona/fstorm etc as we already use these tools, but the results are good enough for a lot of work we do that we generate out of max and sketchup cant deal with.

• DC8Studio What exactly do you mean with low end? Usually you don't have the need to go through 3ds Max as it's more time consuming to edit.

• Its dual purpose for us.

1. Static Renders done cheaply (aka fast). We see that speed and quality of enscape is fine for a number of our clients that dont have budgets for full on renders. We can do this as a value Add for our clients. We can then also use all our assets that we use in high end in Enscape. Sketchup assets are very low quality and sketchups tools are far too limiting. Sketchup is not a tool designed from the ground up to be in robust production pipeline. Revit is just the wrong tool for this type of work.

2. Take our marketing renders, optimise them and deliver a VR experience. We understand the change in quality, the VR experience counters that.

In rendered terms Low end doesnt carry the budget to pull off the fine detail you get to in marketing renders like rounded edges, translucency, refraction and diffusion, displacement and specular mapping.

Traversing the library from / to Corona/Vray/Fstorm allows us to migrate from Low end to high end as required.

One point to note, one of the biggest reasons small startups like FStorm and Corona are now serious tools is the ability to convert materials, scenes, proxies etc across from one format to the other. Without these, Vray would have complete domination of the market. With a few clicks you can change from one renderer to the other without much loss of fidelity in the details and complex shader information.

So i cant state the importance of a robust and effective conversion routine.

Those three render engines IMO are the dominant arch vis tools in use. You could add Redshift too.

I also understand your purpose is one click nice render button from your design tool. But you have created a very high quality engine capable of changing the game in the way renders are produced. By allowing access though better modelling programs like 3dsmax/maya you will drive a greater market

• .. there are low-end users like in any 3d software. If you pay attention about the host applications (Revit, Sketchup, and Rhino) what they have in common is they are for design and those users can now have a better tool to visualize their ideas with almost zero learning curve.( so you can focus on design.)....Enscape is getting better and better but it has a niche and they are positioning to be the "tool" there.

Unreal is trying to take that market for all the vray and corona users with Datasmith and soon with a version for SketchUp .(the low-end program and by the way a lot high-end architectural visualization companies use as their principal modeling tool over 3ds max )

• Ever considered BricsCAD as a host application? I know, there are many ACAD clone applications, and you can't support all of them, but if you would have to choose one, it would definitly have to be BricsCAD. If you can compile Enscape for Revit you schould be able to compile it for BricsCAD too. It offers BIM too and they are recently offering a free scaled down version called BricsCAD SHAPE to lure Sketchup users.

We use it as host for our application too since 2010.

• xxl Haven't considered BricsCAD so far as it seems to be a quite unpopular tool compared to other solutions on the market.

• xxl investing resources for BricsCAD without a user base wouldn't benefit our user base and us.

But it seems pretty promising. We'll have a look at it.

Thanks for sharing!

• To make it available for 3dsMax would be great. As architects we often need to go through 3dsMax to produce nice renderings, being able to use this scenes for VR would be a huge improvement.

Enscape enables us to produce very good interaction with clients and nice views without investing much time over the time for building BIM model in Archicad.

But still when we need seducing perspectives we use 3DsMax for populating the scene, making nice materials, nice lighting and so on.

So I vote for 3dsMax!

• For me the biggest advantage of having Enscape in max is animations. I would produce high quality stills using v-ray/corona then render a super fast animation using Enscape.

Enscape is also a fantastic tool for design/look development and saves a lot of time waiting for multiple long renders when all you want is a quick preview.

I find my self exporting from max to rhino/sketch-up all the time just to play around in Enscape!

• olive  grant10design Thanks for your feedback. Your votes got noted.

olive Would you still go through 3DsMax if we would provide a proper material editor, asset library and lighting system for ArchiCAD?

• Upvote for max and enscape. We do our final imagery in max and Corona (Enscape not really competition as yet), but being able to "sketch" ideas more quickly than Corona or Vray allows would be amazing. Further, being bale to do what we do for our designers/architects from one package would be awesome... SketchUp is nice enough to use, but ultimately, as a viz team, max is our number one software. Upvote!

• Official Post

Add your vote to the topic eliotbnz , thanks a lot! =)

• Same thing goes for Revit.

The need for 3DS Max comes from the lack of quality content when you go into microscale in Revit, such as interior design etc.

Revit & Enscape works like a charm for macroscales, but when you go into the details of the interior, which is the kind of scale you'd want for VR experiences, there simply isn't any quality content for that.

This is a severe limitation in our workflow.

A workaround would be to have a proper Asset Library, with editable materials or even better the ability to create your own content using proxies that are created from .3ds/.fbx objects.

Then the need to go to 3DS Max for the interior design would be rendered useless.

This is a path that I know a lot of users would find super useful for their workflows.

• I upvote for max and enscape as well. From my experience though, a lot of the realtime engine plugins do not fully support all the tweaks we do in max to really efficiently use it especially lighting and how the shadow pass through translucency. understood the realtime engine issue speed vs quality, but if you can make it work, I'm all for it.

• Official Post

Thank you for your feedback charles_bukov , I've happily added a upvote to the corresponding topic to support 3DS Max, and a further upvote through your voice to the topic to allow you to import your own 3D models. povoom , +1 for the 3DS Max topic as well! :)

• Official Post

Did you have a look at it?

It's definitely filed as a feature request on our agenda. Currently there is simply not much demand for this implementation though. Still, your up-vote will be added to the topic. ;)