VR in Enscape: Oculus Rift - Headset not recognized

• Hi

I'm using revit in combination with oculus rift, and it has work fine for a long time, but not all i get i "searching for head-mounted display".

i have uninstalled oculus software, downloaded the latest version, installed this version. Installed the latest version of enscape, disconected monitor my second monitor.

oculus software can find the HMD and works fine. In the settings i have enabled unknown sources.

what can i do?

Jorgensen

• Please send Feedback with logs to our Support Team using the Feedback button in Enscape. Otherwise it's difficult to comment on that matter as it might have lots of different causes. Do previous versions of Enscape run? Sometimes display issues with HMDs are only a matter of switchting to a different HDMI or USB socket (had this myself a couple of times).

• Thanks, we'll have a look at this asap! Beware though, this might not be an Enscape issue after all: At least at the moment the Oculus Service appears to be unavailable in general. They had a similar outage a few weeks ago. Let's hope they get this sorted out soon.

• Any update on this issue? The Oculus service isn't unavailable as all other Oculus-related software is working perfectly. Only Enscape seems unable to access the headset....

I thought you said your dog does not bite....

.................................................................................................That's not my dog.

• Been with the trial for three days but have been unable to test the reason for considering the product due to this issue.

Revit 2016, latest patches

Oculus Rift (all updated, fully functioning with all other software)

Win10x64

1080ti 11gb

32gb ram

The Enscape window operates fine (looks great), but remains stuck at the searching-for-headset stage. Disabling the headset allows normal navigation, etc.

The enable headset button in Revit indicates a red mini-square when pressed (not sure if this should be green when it's found?)

I submitted a log previously via the program.

Thanks!

.................................................................................................That's not my dog.

• We only have a handful reports of that. So it seems system related.

As Clemens stated, we'll have a look into it.

• Jorgensen, Luke, Arch, were any of you able to get past the "searching for head-mounted display" stage, and if so what steps were successful? Thanks!

• yoni2305 We weren't able to figure out the issues at the workstation of sddjd. Could you please share feedback via the [Feedback] button in the Enscape ribbon including the log files?

You'll find more information about our feedback in my signature.

The feedback could provide information about

• What are the exact issues and what are the steps you're performing?
    • Is every other VR solution working out fine?
    • Are you able to use VR via an exported executable standalone file?
  • Thanks @jonatthan Knoefe for your fast replay i really apretiate that.. i tried to use the feedback button but i get an error windows i think is my internet conection. Can i send the log file using other method?? where is the log file located.

i wrote this on the feedback

Hello there!!

First things first, thank you guys for the amazing work, Enscape is helping a lot of Arquitect that doesn't use other engines

this is awesome..keep doing a great wor!

Well, the problem is, that everytime i enable de VR tool nothing happens, just windows telling me "Searching for head mounted dislpay"

in the list below i show my steps.

1) Start Enscape.

2) Enable VR

its simple right? and yes my HTC Vive equipment work perfectly in other projects..

Pleae Plase i hope the team can find a solution, im the onlyone with this issue.

• Hi yoni2305 Thanks for your answer.

Please make sure that Steam and the driver of your graphics card is up-to-date.

Please have a look at our corresponding knowledgebase article: https://enscape3d.com/knowledg…-virtual-reality-headset/ and go to the HTV Vive part.

Ensure that the options "Allow asynchronous reprojection" and "Allow interleaved reprojection" is activated. These are available in the "Performance" settings tab.

If this won't work out please send your log files.

Enscape main plugin log files:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Enscape\Data\Logs

Revit plugin log files:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeRevitPlugin

SketchUp plugin log files:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeSketchupPlugin

Rhino plugin log files:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Enscape\Logs\EnscapeRhinoPlugin

You can just send us everything that's contained in these folders.

• Hey thanks for the replay man i really appretiate that.

I have my latest graphic driver installed, also Steam is set up perfectly on my computer, my HTC Vive works fine with other projects that i developed, that's why i don't understand, i really want to fix this issue. i will send the logs file soon.

Lunch time!