Revit visual style in Enscape

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • As my firm has started using Enscape more and more, we've found a lot of value in it beyond presentation material. I use it often for viewing tricky details where multiple elements come together in order to make sure they line up properly and aren't an eye-sore.

When we get consultant models, we link them in and override everything in their model to a specific color. We also apply transparency to our wall, roof, floor, and ceiling elements. This allows us to find coordination issues that would be hard to identify with Interference Check.

I'd like to be able to combine these ideas. I'd like the ability to view the model in Enscape with transparencies and surface patterns applied rather than render materials.

• Hi kowen1208 So you want to have global switch to remove all finishes and to make all geometry partly transparent?

• Currently, Enscape takes the whatever is visible in the Revit view, and applies the appropriate "realistic" material textures. I would like the option to have Enscape use Revit's Visibility/Graphics Overrides (which includes surface color and transparencies) instead.

The attached image shows the sort of overrides I would like to apply in Enscape. Our model has floors, walls, roofs, etc. with about 60% transparency, and the linked structural model is overridden to display everything green.

• We provide the possibility to switch to the graphics tab of the Revit material in the "Advanced" tab of the Enscape settings.

But the material overrides of e.g. filters are not supported at the moment.

=>But the topic is on our agenda and got your upvote.

• One solution would be to use phasing and phase filters. Similar to this Blog post: https://enscape3d.com/enscape-…el-simulation-in-enscape/

Set the linked models to Existing, and yours to new. Change the existing material to be a nice solid and the new material to be transparent.

You would need to make sure to change the linked model back to "new" afterwards, but that seems like a small compromise.

• One solution would be to use phasing and phase filters. Similar to this Blog post: https://enscape3d.com/enscape-…el-simulation-in-enscape/

Set the linked models to Existing, and yours to new. Change the existing material to be a nice solid and the new material to be transparent.

You would need to make sure to change the linked model back to "new" afterwards, but that seems like a small compromise.

The hack you referring is a great for presentation purposes of it's own look, but the topic kowen1208 and diegofernandez raised is totally different with different purpose and different approach... I would also like to have revit graphic overrides in enscape as additional tool for more realistic coordination issues and coordination presenattions.

• some1new Maybe I misunderstood the original problem, or maybe I didn't explain my idea enough. But as I understood it kowen1208 was looking for a quick way to override all of the materials in the linked Structural model and the materials in his Architectural model so that they can be coordinated the same way he has set up in his coordination view.

By using the same method in the linked Blog, your can very quickly switch the phase of the linked model, and then just change the Material properties for Exist & New so that you get a similar result to his view. You can play with the Exist & New materials to alter the look, but below is a very quick example.

• What I understood and what I would like to see is enscape preview of - revits override in term of showing materials not only as set in appearance mode or graphics mode - but also presenting revit element as set in working view, applying set overrides or even better revit filters... (different color of various elements or categories, different opacity etc...) that would be great for coordination purposes...
    But I assume it's far more complicated for programming and very complicated to hack using phase filters as well...