Feature request - Save Enscape view back to Rhino

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Having an native view save function independent from rhinos saved views would be superior for many reasons. It is what I miss most in enscape.

I want to be able to save the settings per view including the time of day/lighting aswell as finding the same windowproportions in relation to positioning of camera in future sessions.

For composition it would also be helpful to have an indicator of the output proportions compared to the program window, something similar to vray safe frame, maybe a shortcut key similar to showing map on/of

Im hoping this can be implemented, it would really help for stills.

• jpedstrand  Ritz We have this option for Revit and SketchUp. But the Rhino API is not allowing us to do so.
    It is already on our agenda, as we want to have it for Rhino as well, and got your upvote.

• Hi,

Love the plugin, definitely a game changer.

I'm wondering if there is a way, through scripting, to read the current enscape camera location so it can be saved back to rhino as a named view? In my office, we've been using enscape quite a lot and have found that it is easier to locate the camera in the enscape window than from syncing the viewports between rhino & Enscape. Having the ability to save the views back to rhino would be huge for us so we can have consistent view positions.

Thanks,

VanHage

• It's on the official download page. I mean, the new button should do the job.

In the about window is a link to the download page, and at the bottom of that you find the link to the preview versions.

Edited - please don't post the download link in plain.

• @Jonathan Knoefel

Nice work!

Some suggestions for improvement:

Ability to name the views - when clicking the camera button I want to be able to name the view immediately,

Saved views menue:

-preview thumb of the view would be great

-the menue colapses everytime you click one of your saved vieews which is superannoying if you are looking fo a view among many saved.

-field of view isnt saved to the views, or any settings from what I can tell.. Field of view in particular would be great if it were saved with the view, as it is so closely connected to what you would want to get back to when you make the save.

• Official Post

Micha thanks for respecting our forum policies ;)

jpedstrand thank you for your feedback! I have filed your request to name Named Views as feature request - I don't expect this to take very long, from my experience.

Regarding Preview Thumbs and Collapsing Menu issues - I understand your point.

Let me first propose a few workarounds.

First of all, if you know the name of the view, please notice you can simply search it using the search field at the bottom of this menu.

Next to each view in this menu, you'll find a star symbol. By clicking this, you can mark views as favorites. This lets them show up in your Enscape interface! You'll find an almost completely transparent lever at the right border of the Enscape window. Hover over it with your mouse, and a menu will expand, containing thumbnails of your favorite views, also allowing to move to their position immediately. Could this be a solution for these issues of yours? If not, please let me know - ideally with a brief explanation why. Thank you!

Lastly, I'll happily file your request to save Field of View, Depth of Field etc. per view. Just let me explain why we haven't done so, yet.

Currently, Enscape simply uses the Rhino "Named Views" objects. These exist, have a certain set of attributes, and are being saved in your Rhino project. These named views, however, don't support features such as the ones you want us to include.

Including these features would simply mean for us to find a solution to save the Enscape views somehow on their own. Not an easy task, as Enscape does not require any save files, except for settings or camera paths. So adding these few features would mean a whole framework of new solutions we'd have to find.

Nevertheless, I'll be happy to forward your request to our developers. However, are you aware of the fact that you can also save any number of settings presets? This way, you could for example save one settings preset per view, that might be helpful?

• Including these features would simply mean for us to find a solution to save the Enscape views somehow on their own. Not an easy task, as Enscape does not require any save files, except for settings or camera paths. So adding these few features would mean a whole framework of new solutions we'd have to find.

This is what I have been trying to argue: you already save all these cool settings in the camera path so it's not a whole framework of new solutions - it's amending the existing framework to grant one solution for every platform.

• Kaj Burival

Super nice to be able to create named views in enscape v2.3 for Rhino. Are there any plans to incorporate Rhino 6 Snapshots instead of named views? The main issue I'm running into is that named views don't allow me to reorder the view sequence. There are also a bunch of visibility option within Snapshots that would be really useful

• Official Post

Gadget , I know, we've discussed this, your feature request has been filed.

Lewis Williams great point, filed it as feature request right away. Since Rhino delivers this information, I think it should be possible to support them, but let's see what the developers say about it.