Lack of sharpness in Version 2.0

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • My name is Octavio, I'm a Architect in Los Angeles, I'm testing the software for use with Sketchup, great software , however the images lack sharpness for still renderings, I've seen renderings that I believe used a previous version that have a much better level of sharpness, since I'm new to the software it may be my lack of knowledge ! (Sketchup user since day one), if somebody could give pointers to obtain sharper images without post in PP I would really appreciate, if this is not possible unfortunately it would rule purchase out for us, is it possible to download the older version for testing?, I'm on a 14 day test and not much time left, help would be greatly appreciated.

Octavio

• We did not decrease sharpness since Enscape 1.9. The opposite happened: its much sharper and has less ghostings and image artifacts. Can you show an image to give an example what you mean?

We offer to download some of the previous releases on the download page but not back to 1.9, because thats roughly one year old. In this time, there has been a massive amount of improvements, bugfixes, performance speedups and compatibility fixes. We strongly recommend not to use outdated versions and we can't provide support for them.

• There are different ways to optimize the sharpness.

1. Bloom is activated by default in the "Image" tab of the Enscape settings.
      => I would recommend to reduce it to 0% if you want a sharper image.
    2. Increase the resolution in the capture tab to increase the sharpness of exported images.
    3. Deactivate Motion Blur in the General tab to avoid lack of sharpness during your walkthroughs.
  • Thanks for your prompt response, I will try your suggestions and see the results, as a aside the exported images are much sharper then the walk/flyby, that is definite a plus for, this is such a amazing program I really want it to work for us.

Octavio

• Also, if you're exporting videos, make sure you turn the capture quality all the way up to maximum - that will help a lot with artificacts, even with motion blur still enabled (which can be a nice effect to use). It reduces noise and aliasing.

• Also, if you're exporting videos, make sure you turn the capture quality all the way up to maximum - that will help a lot with artificacts, even with motion blur still enabled (which can be a nice effect to use). It reduces noise and aliasing.

Sidenote: a problem is that the quality slider isn't a image quality slider only. So it can be that the lighting it totally changed by additional GI bounces. For me this slider is a source of frustration since it control a mix of options. Better would be to have a more detailed and independent control. The GI bounce should be separate.

• Sidenote: a problem is that the quality slider isn't a image quality slider only. So it can be that the lighting it totally changed by additional GI bounces. For me this slider is a source of frustration since it control a mix of options. Better would be to have a more detailed and independent control. The GI bounce should be separate.

The slider basically only defines GI bounces (+ grass draw distance and a few very minor things).

• Sorry, I meant turn the video compression quality all the way up to maximum, not the rendering quality (though you'll obviously want to have rendering quality set at maximum as well for the best lighting and reflections, but it shouldn't make a difference in terms of video artifacts)