New Preview Version

• Revit: Apply material properties

You can now tweak your materials more easily. Enscape updates materials after clicking "OK/Apply" in the material editor. This should reduce the need to close & reopen the material window.

Video editing

We want to improve Enscape's video feature based on the functionality we delivered in the 2.2 release. Our current goal is to support the following scenarios:

• Multiple keyframes on the same position (with different camera rotation or time of day)
    • Explicit control over the timing
    • Less need to switch between Enscape and the host application

In this early version we are far away from finished. You can already easily go to the previous/next keyframe. And you can take a alook at the upcoming timing options, but they aren't working yet.

Temporal stability

The noise during movement has been reduced, while the performance has been increased. This should result in a more stable image with sharper reflections during movement.

Update 2018-04-24

Minimap in VR

The menu in VR contains a page with a minimap. Click on it using the laser pointer to teleport.

Revit 2019: Materials

Enscape tries to use as much of the material you configure inside your host application. The materials introduced in Revit 2019 are now supported, too. However, anisotropy is not supported at all, and multi-layered materials are only partially supported.

This change is also included in the 2.2.3 release version.

Uncompressed Video

You can now export a video as a series of PNG images for easier and better post production.

Rhino: Textures with Transparency

When you assign an image with Transparency to a material, the alpha channel is automatically used, unless you specify another transparency texture explicitly.

Standalone: Switch to VR and change other settings

In the standalone exe file you are able to switch to VR and change a few selected settings. Tell us about other settings you want to be included, and why, and we will consider adding them. The menu opens on the left side.

Video Editor: Keyframe indicators

If you configure additional settings (e.g. time of day) for a keyframe, you can see little indicators below its camera model.

Update 2018-05-15

Video editor

We moved a few buttons from the host application into the Enscape render window. This should lead to a faster video editing workflow.

As you can see, the buttons for "Add keyframe, "Remove all keyframes" and "Preview video" are right where you need them. Also the shaky cam and smooth start/end settings are moved from the settings window and are even saved into (and loaded from) the xml files.

At the bottom you can see the timeline of your keyframes. Click on the little controls to edit that keyframe.

Now you can use the explicit timestamp setting of keyframes to adjust the timing of the video. You can also set keyframes on a subset of keyframes and let Enscape do the rest for you.

Screenshots in VR

Enscape now allows you to take capturings while in VR: Either trigger a snapshot of your current view, or frame a regular screenshot using a virtual camera. Screenshots will be queued and rendered on shutdown.

In the former case the snapshot also includes your controllers and laser pointer, so you're able to focus the viewer's attention.

SketchUp: area lights and other light improvements

You can now define linear lights, rectangular lights and disk-shaped lights, similar to placing point and spot lights.

Point lights are now spherical lights with an adjustable light source radius. Leave at zero for the old behavior.

Rotation of IES lights now works in combination with the special Enscape tools. This allows for better tuning of your 360° IES lights.

The general user experience for light tools has been improved.

SketchUp: reload proxies

Proxies are now being automatically updated in Enscape and Sketchup, when the source file is changed. So you are able to tweak materials & lights of your proxies in another SketchUp instance while showing your main model in Enscape.

Smaller improvements

• Smoother shadow transitions during timelapse videos
    • Improved VR performance
    • The user interface for license error handling has been improved
  • Revit: Apply material properties

You can now tweak your materials more easily. Enscape updates materials after clicking "OK/Apply" in the material editor. This should reduce the need to close & reopen the material window.

Great improvement! Much quicker to test out different material settings.

Now all we need is a "material sample command" that opens up the material in the Revit material editor and we can bypass the inefficient Revit material system altogether :D

The video improvements look promising as well. I'd love to see a "play" and "pause" button in the editor as well (next to previous and next frame buttons).

Also, when I add a key frame now I'm not seeing the "camera view" anymore. I need to fly away, and click on the camera symbol to see the camera editor. Is that intentional or a bug?

• Really great new features!

For the impatient of us, is there a XML schema somewhere that describes the commands available in the saved animation paths? It would be very useful while waiting for the editing interface to stabilize.

While editing through the interface, being able to stay in the camera, on the path, even after applying changes, would probably give a better workflow.

Keep up the good work, it's a great product!

• Standalone: Switch to VR and change other settings

In the standalone exe file you are able to switch to VR and change a few selected settings. Tell us about other settings you want to be included, and why, and we will consider adding them. The menu opens on the left side.

Great addition!

- I'd like to see exposure (both the slider but the checkbox to turn auto exposure on/off). If we walk from outside to inside for example we often need to readjust, even with auto exposure on.

- I'd also like an option to change the field of view. If you're moving between large rooms to tight spaces that can sometimes be very helpful.

- The slider for the artificial light brightness would also be helpful (so you can slowly turn on the lights for example).

- It would be great if the default settings for all these sliders are whatever settings you have when exporting (for example: when I export with my light brightness to 0, than that should be the default setting in the export window).

- Lastly, I'd like an option to not include this option panel in an export.

Hi Simon, sound good. I created a standalone and opened it (no HMD use). I can't find the options. I would like to send my clients standalones where the options can be used for PC screen use. Also it would be nice to switch to VR mode per shortcut.

• Will the VR screenshot be stereoscopic? Or will it look like a screenshot you normally take from the monitor? I remember taking screenshots before while the goggles are activated and the image was distorted and interrupted by the controllers

No, the screenshots won't be in stereo, as that's very seldomly needed (and users would require 3rd party software to even look at them properly).

We'll offer two options:

• Eye View Capture: This will save a screenshot of what you're seeing in VR directly. That means same quality and resolution as you see it in your HMD and you've got the controllers with laser pointer on them, so that you'd be able to e.g. point out issues in your buildings.
    • High Quality Screenshot: This option will bring up a "virtual viewfinder" on your right controller that allows you to frame a screenshot based on your regular set capturing resolution & field of view. You can queue up as many screenshots from within VR as you like and once you disable VR or close Enscape, it will batch render all your previously captured screenshots in full quality just like regular screenshots.

Hi Simon, sound good. I created a standalone and opened it (no HMD use). I can't find the options. I would like to send my clients standalones where the options can be used for PC screen use. Also it would be nice to switch to VR mode per shortcut.

The settings panel is docked to the right border of your screen and will open up on mouse over. Please beware that this is a Preview aka "no official stable release", so I wouldn't really recommend it for production/client use!

I wouldn't mind everything from the Revit Enscape Ribbon. They should mirror eachother in functionality. Redundant, but valuable like jet engines on an airplane...

• This is huge!

https://enscape3d.com/preview/ wrote:

Version: 2.2.3.1328-g887ce6e

Released: May 15, 2018

• Screenshots in VR
    • Explicit time for video keyframes
    • SketchUp: area lights
    • SketchUp: auto-reload proxies
    • Increased performance

Will be testing those features. Well done team, some of them are features I had been waiting for!

---

It seems that there is a weird shadows (and no 'self illuminating' or 'emissive' material shown) upon loading the model on Enscape until you put down a new geometry with emissive materiality. (noticed that Pieter before me also has mentioned this)

And I am not entirely sure how to invoke "auto-relead" of the proxies. I have made the change on the proxy and it does not seems to change anything on the view. (did I understand this feature wrong?)

Is not noted on the release, but I do like the fact that the video related buttons on the toolbar is also reduced and the software relies on the feature on Enscape side only! Although, I do agree with Pieter that there isn't away to open the video editor unless you put down a new keyframe, which is a bit odd. Perhaps there should be a faded menu at the bottom of the screen as the 'favorite views' does on the right?

• In Version: 2.2.3.1328-g887ce6e, when I take screenshots, the save screenshot board always locate in the pictures folder.In the older version, It always locates in the last saving screenshot. That's so easier when saving a screenshot. Please revert this feature.

• In Version: 2.2.3.1328-g887ce6e, when I take screenshots, the save screenshot board always locate in the pictures folder.In the older version, It always locates in the last saving screenshot. That's so easier when saving a screenshot. Please revert this feature.

Thank you for reporting. Here is the bug report for this issue with a bit more comments: Latest preview version - output directory not kept

• Quality and performance on Ultra quality in the Rift seems greatly improved in this version but admittedly I have not been using Enscape for a couple of months so I was pleasantly surprised.

I would still like to ask for a slider to adjust brightness in VR. I even think its more important than the edges slider in VR.

Great work!