UV AOV output.

• Hello,

Would like to see an option to output a UV aov for static shots and image sequences.

Currently it is impossible to map a video texture or remap textures after the rendering is done. Having a UV aov would rectify that allowing to remap or reproject any texture or video to any surface with a relative ease.

I think its a nice middle ground since adding a support for video textures per 3D App presents a great degree of difficulty, especially in Revit.

For those unfamiliar with a UV aov, it is a basic gradient in R channel and G channel from 0 to 1. Any texture can be remapped with the use of many of the compositing apps. ie Fusion, Natron, Nuke, After Effects (with a plugin) with out any need for a mask or 2D tracking. And it respects curved or deformed objects so texture bends and distorts properly.

Regards,

Anton

• Hello Jonathan,

UVs in Revit depend on a tool used for modelling for example Sweep will map different than a lets say a box which mostlikely would use a box mapping. Having said that, it really impossible to tell if Revit tiles UVs or texture since it will look exactly the same. The work around would be to output a Diffuse or an Albed, a pass with no lighting information, then it is fairly simple to map an RGB gradient map from 0 to 1 in x and y to essentially create a UV pass

We tried to do something like that yesterday by making background a black box and turning off the sun. And came to something that can potentially work BUT it has to be outputted as an EXR to avoid compression artifacts and currently you do not support exporting of an image sequence as EXRs sadly.

Please see attached, it is a simple example but I think it gets the point across.

If you could just add EXR sequence export, that would be sufficient enough for us as a work around.

Regards,

Anton

• Yeah, close to impossible in Revit.

Thanks for sharing your SketchUp example.

You should be able to export EXR images in OpenEXR format when exporting Screenshots.

For a sequence you would have to define the single images as scenes/views and use the batch export function.

• I can reproduce the same result as the Sketch up file in Revit, concept is the same, apply a UV gradient and define the dimension of the texture to match the object.

If I understand you correctly you are suggesting creating a view per location of the camera on each frame? Is there an automatic process to handle that?

• I cannot recommend creating views for each frame of an animation :D that would be extremely exhausting!

It is currently the only possibility to export EXR files.

I filed your request for our developers.