Lighting Effects

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
  • There are a couple of things I would like to achieve with lights and lighting effects;

- Animated lighting.

This would change the colour and intensity of a light over a specific time frame.

Used to produce flickering fire or candle light, changing traffic lights, a pulsing glow, moving lava, a flashing red LED, twinkling Christmas lights, etc.

- Lazer lights.

This would project a lit image (or pattern) from one point (and have it follow a path).

Used to produce the external Christmas lights people have now, project the bat signal, make a disco scene, have moving 'forest leaves' lighting patterns, have moving reflected water lighting...

• Gadget I agree, the bat signal is a must have :D

But there are some limitations that have to be solved first.

Animations are on our agenda, so I've added your requests for lights to it.

• Rather than start a new thread about a similar thing:

Can spotlights angle be increased beyond 90º?

... And a simple, visual* 'feather' command/tool that would not only change the drop-off from the center of the beam, but also the sharpness of the shadow that it throws. (*A sharp circle at 0% that increases in fuzzy edges until it is only a dot fading out to nothing at 100%)

(In other programs I tend to set downlighters to have a 120º spread and instead of spherical ilumination from pendant lights, I would use 300º spots.)

• I know - that's why I asked in Ideas and Requests - I would like to see it as native...

Alternatively apply an easy way to alter an IES profile (I really like Enscape's ethos of making complex controls really easy/simple/intuitive to implement and get immediate, great results: applying this design process to IES profiles would be really cool.)

• (Adding to an existing thread rather than starting a new one...)

I am finding myself using strip led recessed lighting a lot... or wanting to. But it's really hard to get the glow and balance to look right, especially in daylight scenes; it would be really useful to have a light similar to the 'line' or an emissive source that just followed a contour. (I'm just looking for some in-built help to re-produce the effect.)

• New user to Enscape here. Maybe i just need to look around more, but i was attempting to add lighting to an exterior landscape scene and found that after adding quite a few lights, others would just disappear. Is this an issue that others have had?

• Yes, there seems to be a limit to the amount of lights that are supported at once.

---

To edit IES files, use Photometric Toolbox.

https://lightinganalysts.com/s…ometric-toolbox/overview/

I'm not sure if the Photometric viewer will also allow you to edit IES files.

http://photometricviewer.com/

Mostly, why would you edit IES files? If the light is wrong, then choose another light fixture with the right light profile.