Light Shadows

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Hi kerwin , welcome to this forum!

There's no way to turn off shadows for specific lights or general or prevent them from showing up in reflections. However, I have filed your question as feature request.

However, depending on what you use those fill lights for, perhaps there's other solutions. Do you use them to brighten up shadows in general? If so, have a look at the 'Ambient Brightness' slider in the Enscape settings -> 'Image' tab.

Please let me know in case this doesn't resolve your issue.

• Ive dealt with this myself. Some times for product shots Ill use a light as a fill for color but don't necessarily want harsh shadows. What I've resorted to doing is using Emissive planes behind the camera, but they still show up in reflections which isn't always useful.

• Thanks for the replies, if I have a building with a north facing garden, it can look too dark in the renders on the external walls, I may put a while plane in as a reflector, behind the camera to bounce more light back. It's also handy on internal shots to have a fill light or two in dark areas, and an adjustable linear falloff would be good too :)

Will have a look at the ambient brightness setting, but it sounds like a global value, it's just certain areas that I sometimes need to brighten, not the overall image.

Also, a way to adjust the grass height/displacement an maybe have a few varieties of grass would be good, we deal with artificial grass and the enscape grass is too long.

• Also, a way to adjust the grass height/displacement an maybe have a few varieties of grass would be good, we deal with artificial grass and the enscape grass is too long.

The grass will be improved, for the next version we will offer configurable water materials at least. Maybe the grass will make in in there, too!

The upcoming version will also introduce area lights for SketchUp. This will allow you to set spherical lights (instead of the current point lights). Their specular highlight is much less visible, depending on the size of the sphere.