Assets options

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I used to use same car model in one scene in sKetchup. painting it all inside, all except for car paint which I would leave as a default material.. It would allow me to paint the same cars in different colours making it look a bit more various than it was with less resources..

Is it possible to do that with Asset Library cars.. ?

Or could You add some dinamic component atributes to it.. list of colours to pick... Driver in - no Driver.. Car without dark glass window and without driver looks strange on road..

Simillar options for people clouthing.. Winter clouths, summer clouthes.. or make them react to DATA settings from sKetchup.. Same with plants.. I bet You guys have it somewhere on Your agenda..

But car colour and driver is anyway idea seperated from season..

• Official Post

I used to use same car model in one scene in sKetchup. painting it all inside, all except for car paint which I would leave as a default material.. It would allow me to paint the same cars in different colours making it look a bit more various than it was with less resources..

Is it possible to do that with Asset Library cars.. ?

Or could You add some dinamic component atributes to it.. list of colours to pick... Driver in - no Driver.. Car without dark glass window and without driver looks strange on road..

Simillar options for people clouthing.. Winter clouths, summer clouthes.. or make them react to DATA settings from sKetchup.. Same with plants.. I bet You guys have it somewhere on Your agenda..

But car colour and driver is anyway idea seperated from season..

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

That is currently not yet possible but I have forwarded your feedback - also, with 2.9 you will generally be able to import your very own Assets, with its own materials of course. That may be helpful to you as well coming soon!

• with 2.9 you will generally be able to import your very own Assets, with its own materials of course. That may be helpful

Ye it will be. This thing of custom assets creation is going on behind the main scene for a while as I noticed in the forum.. But it still whouldn't be what I ment.. still will have to make two same assets with different matherials..

OR NOT actually.. it depends how it works internally in ENS engine.. I'm not sure how will be painted face inside an asset which has default material (not other applied), but asset itself is painted.. I mean asset materials are not carried on into Sketchup so I'm not sure if it will go other way around.. Leaves could be put on another layer so I could turn it off for winter, maybe other layer for outumn.. but again I'm not sure if, like materials, layers too will not be shown in sKetchup..

It is not urgent.. just thinking how to do it rather than really need it