cannot manipulate Sun Shadow by using Objects

• Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to Enscape. I'm encountering a problem which took me the whole hour in depression. As you can see in the picture, I used a bunch of trees to change the traffic of light to the windows in the scene. I want to achieve a result in which the shadow of the leaves are exposed on the floor but nothing happened. I used HDRI to light up the interior.

Could you please give me some advices for this issue? I'll be so grateful for this.

Thank you for your attention and have a nice day!

• Rick Marx

Approved the thread.
  • Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to Enscape. I'm encountering a problem which took me the whole hour in depression. As you can see in the picture, I used a bunch of trees to change the traffic of light to the windows in the scene. I want to achieve a result in which the shadow of the leaves are exposed on the floor but nothing happened. I used HDRI to light up the interior.

Could you please give me some advices for this issue? I'll be so grateful for this.

Thank you for your attention and have a nice day!

Thanks a lot for your inquiry and welcome to our forum.

The window openings are rather small, so only a bit of light/shadows can enter the room - here it of course also depends on how you're setting the sun up in general. The location for example which you've already set by clicking "Use brightest point as Sun Direction" - so the will only move if you also adjust the HDRI. in this case you can also gladly send over the project to me via a DM, I can also provide an upload link. This way I can more easily and directly help you with what you like to achieve.

Otherwise you may want to use the following key combinations to further setup the location of the sun even more to your liking:

SHIFT + U / I Change the solar angle

CTRL + U / I Change the solar rotation