High Quality Landscaping Assets and New Grass Implementation

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi Enscape Team,

I am sure this has been voted on in the past, but the landscaping library that comes with Enscape feels quite limited. Especially compared to Lumion, which has really good and high quality plants, as well as their realistic 3D grass options.

It's always a struggle to get good quality plants/trees in any software. Sure there is laubwerks and a few other plugins for max and sketchup, but it would be really good if the landscape library can be updated with new HD/raytraced assets. Not sure if this means the adoption of SpeedTree, which seems to be the industry standard.

A new grass implementation would also be amazing, no matter how you look at it, the grass in Enscape always looks plastic and flat.

Thanks for all you hardwork! :)

• Official Post

Thanks a lot, I have gladly forwarded your feedback! If you have any specific examples (can also be real-life ones) of how you would like the grass to look like in the future, let me know and I'll also add it as valuable feedback to the existing request on our agenda.

• Hi!

I'm a VW user. At the moment, the 'grass material' is not - in term of quality - as good as Enscape in general perform.

I'm very happy to become an Enscape user ( I came from c4d+octane) and I've understood that the Enscape team is close to the users.

Is there some trick to use a kind of skater in VW? In that way, we could use some 'grass elements' to avoid the problem.

Thank you very much for your work!

L.

• Thanks a lot, I have gladly forwarded your feedback! If you have any specific examples (can also be real-life ones) of how you would like the grass to look like in the future, let me know and I'll also add it as valuable feedback to the existing request on our agenda.

Recently, my friend tested a third-party plant resource library. This company cooperated with Laubwerk and achieved high-precision plant rendering effect through laubwerk agent function, which is exactly what we wanted. Please pay attention to the effect of grass. However, the disadvantages of this solution are also obvious. The cost of this plant library is too high for the average user to afford, so we sincerely hope to use more precise plants and 3D grass in future enscape versions

Here are more examples of 3d grass and plants, all made using Lumion,

3d grass in LUMION is a method of directly growing grass on the surface through a landscape material

@Demian Gutberlet

• @tas_1985

Yes, I have been using Archivision for a while now, but like you said, the cost of their subsciption is quite high for smaller offices that isn't solely focussed on rendering.

I think Enscape could potentially partner with SpeedTree, similar to Lumion especially with their new HD plant/tree additions which looks absolutely fantastic, despite Lumion not having RayTracing.

As far as grass is concerned, again it would potentially work with established systems like Scatter etc to have built in proxy grass. This can expand further by having custom grass settings, i.e. grass colour variation, thickness control, types of grass etc.

• I prefer that the ground surface can be textured to generate 3d grass, which avoids the crash and instability caused by scattered plug-ins

• Add my upvote for high quality vegetation assets. You've made some great additions to the library over the past year including the many potted plants that were included, but the number of exterior trees and plants remains rather limited. The Evermotion ones are in general pretty high quality, we just need more of them. And ditto for the advanced grass system others have mentioned. Skatter is nice, but it's not very practical for larger site models, so the more things can be automated, the better.

• can you help me how to create custom asset place holder like in your raw image ?

it has minimals geometry

• Thanks for the input guys.

I didn't create this, this is Laubwerk's fee-based asset library

Hey Tas,

The Archivision's RPC library for Laubwerks and others currently don't support Enscape, only Vray works at the moment. Even though their advertisement shows the workflow. The image you posted looks like it was within an Enscape window. Have you tried it?

• The image I'm showing is an internal test that hasn't been made public yet

• +1

Enscape grass and trees are not high quality enough for close up shots!!

+1 i hope realy.. realy..hope, Enscape 3.0 have new improvement for grass and plants (new look and color quality) so we dont need to add much 3d grass object and use another plugin to spread. Please make improvement in 2021 since others software render above have this quality grass before 2020 :( and its realy amazing for exterior render. I can add plants in post procesing to help more realistic but please make a grass more improvement...;(  Demian Gutberlet you said you have something similar thing like Laubwerk, you have said in the past post to me..