Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

To anyone here experiencing crashes, or anything else which seems off to them, please send in a feedback report with your log files and a short description of the problem:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

This is the best way we can directly assist you with these problems, especially crashes. Thanks!

• Curious - would the asset library download + custom asset importer mean it's now possible to edit Enscape asset materials, then reimport as a custom asset? Love the look of lots of the Enscape furniture but ultimately we're forced to use native revit families due to us needing to change the color of upholstery, for example.

• Curious - would the asset library download + custom asset importer mean it's now possible to edit Enscape asset materials, then reimport as a custom asset? Love the look of lots of the Enscape furniture but ultimately we're forced to use native revit families due to us needing to change the color of upholstery, for example.

Unfortunately, you cannot import official assets in the custom asset editor as they are encrypted. You could change the materials manually in the gltf, but many people find that difficult.

• Because of the encryption, you will not be able to import the .gltf anywhere I'm afraid.

You need to manually change the .gltf file in a code editor. In the code, you can swap one texture map with another, change a color or change glossiness etc

• Well, figured it out! The normal color of this asset is the pillow, the edited color is the yellow leather base. Pretty simple, just edit in WordPad the non "_phys" version of the gltf file of the associated object, then you can edit the RGB tint/albedo for each material. Easy enough to find if you download the library, but alternatively you can also find them in your windows temp folder then go to the Enscape folder.

The downside is in order to see the changes enscape needs to be exited and restarted. Also, you're editing the default model - so if you're using different colors for different projects it'd be a good idea to just save different gltf's based on the colors you want, ideally with an offline library, then swap the files out as needed.

EDIT. Though, if you wanted to have different colors selectable without editing the base model, in theory you could simply duplicate the downloaded asset, prefix the folder/files with something like "BLUE_", do your edits, then create a new type of the asset (for revit at least) where you then change the asset ID to point to the "BLUE_..." ID name.

• How do I download the version of 2.8 without the email? I did the 2.9 update and the rendering was not working properly so I removed it in order to re-download 2.8 but I can't seem to find where to download it from!

• Official Post

How do I download the version of 2.8 without the email? I did the 2.9 update and the rendering was not working properly so I removed it in order to re-download 2.8 but I can't seem to find where to download it from!

Sent you a link to the download area via a DM. :)

• After testing this version out on a low and medium sized rhino 6 model, the loading times to get into Enscape seem to have increased. Is this just my imagination? Its not a huge deal for small models, but if a high poly model add tens of minutes to the loading time that's going to get very annoying. Overall the UI changes look great though.

• Here's the Release Notes for the latest Enscape v3.0 Preview - Version 1.

Please refer to this article for instructions on how to download the Preview version.

What’s included:

- New Features:

• New Rendering Toolbar and UI Relocation
      In this preview we implemented the first set of UI changes that will migrate several parts of the current Enscape UI from the CAD window to the Enscape window. In addition we've replaced and extended parts of the current Enscape UI.

1. Application Modes
      Switch between the default, Collaborative Annotations, and BIM Information modes.
    2. Export option buttons
      Select from Single Image,Batch Rendering, Panorama, and Standalone Export
    3. Collapse/expand the toolbar
    4. Cross mode toggles and selections
      Select the Projection Mode (perspective, two-point, orthographic) and the Spectator Mode (walk/fly).
      Turn the HMD (VR) Mode on or off.
    5. Open Visual Settings dialog
    6. Help
      Show or hide the new help panel, it is currently empty but will be populated with the Enscape keymapping for movement and interaction within Enscape, as well as some Mode-sensitive instructions.

- Improvements

• Enscape License Center
      • User Management feature had a number of improvements implemented

- Known Issues

• Batch Render and Single Image Render differ - Batch Render can end up being blank.
    • Uploading Panorama to Cloud fails
    • Vectorworks 2021 crashes when clicking in project in VW right after opening the Asset Library

- Notable Bugfixes:

• Skybox rotation/brightness manipulation consumes huge amounts of memory - FIXED
    • Web Standalone - certain assets would animate incorrectly - FIXED

A more extensive list of Bugfixes is contained in the attached .pdf document below.

• Big fan of moving more settings to the Enscape window. This has the potential to improve many ui issues that we have atm.

Will there be a shortcut to hide all layout popovers? For example a "presentation mode" (no popovers) vs a workmode (popovers/taskbars etc).

Would love to see the view list here as well, instead of having it in the native application.

It would definitely be nice to see the design mockups so we can provide feedback before it's implemented :)

• I want to keep the visual Settings button in the menu so that I can still conditional visual Settings without turning on render