Laptop for enscape

• Greetings

What do you think about this laptop:

LENOVO Legion Y540-15IRH-740 (Intel Core i5-9300H - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - RAM: 8 GB - 256 GB SSD PCIe - 15.6'')

I´just do static images max 4k and under 4k videos. I use Archicad 23. I'm going to put more RAM.

My files never goes up then 200mgb. Is just for interior design less than 200m2

Is it good enough for this kind of job?

Thanks

Sérgio

• Not a bad choice at all. Of course once you perhaps work with larger projects you may want to lower the rendering quality a bit, but in general it will be a great machine for our plugin. :thumbup:

• I have Lenovo Legion Y540-15 i7-9750H/32GB/960/Win10X GTX1660Ti, so quite similar spec, but: 8gb of ram is too low, go for 16gb or 32gb if you have complex project files, try to find my CPU/GPU combo, processing power is important and on i5 it might be slower while importing geometry. And the biggest flaw of this laptop is that it crashes Enscape every time I have a more complex project and/or high resolution and/or Ultra quality render, depending on the project it crashes on different settings. I hope it is just my setup, and developers that are working on my support case will come up with a solution, but until then I suggest to rethink your options. I also have Lenovo Ideapad L340-15IRH 16 GB RAM/ 256 GB M.2 PCIe and it also struggles, but because the graphic card has "only" 4gb of memory, and on big projects it crashes because of low memory on GPU. So definitely don't go for cheaper GPU. Strangely enough, my old PC with Geforce 1060 3GB never had a single crash. Looks like PC's are better optimized for heavy duty workload I guess, so if you don't need portability go for PC.

• In general, the performance of the graphics card will be discounted due to the power consumption limit of most laptops, generally 30% off, unless the notebook with dual power supply, such as the ALIEN A51M