Linking Enscape Assets to Vectorworks hybrid symbols

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I'm running 2020 VW Landmark on a Razor Blade Studio 15" PC fully loaded...RTX5000 included I have migrated away from Apple this year so that I might pave the way for faster, better renderings and real time VR. HOWEVER, I am not impressed with Enscape as it pertains to Landscape Architecture.

The appealing thing about VW Landmark is the ability to place plants throughout the model and the hybrid symbols will show as custom 2D or 3D symbols linked to a plant data record. I've been using VW for about 12 years and have a pretty extensive plant library that I have developed over that time... lots of hours invested in those plant symbols. BUT most of the 3D symbols are Image Props that rotate like in Sketchup. If you use those in Enscape they will not rotate and look like hell. There has to be a way to use Enscape Assets without doubling the work by placing Enscape assets over the VW symbols. I have been told that some other design applications have the ability to "link" an asset to a symbol so that it can be recognized in Enscape. I have tried to copy a tree Asset and paste it into a VW hybrid symbol. The problem is that when you place the Asset in that symbol, it is no longer recognized by Enscape.

So to summarize, here is my goal. I would like to be able to create a landscape plan that is printable as a 2d plan with all my VW plants in a plan view, but then also have the Enscape Assets appear when in 3D or VR. Is that possible? Workaround?

• Official Post

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and my apologies for the delayed response - I have gladly filed and forwarded this inquiry of yours as a feature request accordingly. At the moment there is no such workaround, but I'll get back to you in case I have any further news to share regarding this subject in the future.