Recommended GPU - Graphics card?

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • It is hard to compare the gaming techniques with what is used at Enscape (at least without going into technical detail) because the goals and requirements are much different. We will most likely not use DLSS but improve our existing state of the art filtering and upscaling solution.

Has the annoucement of DLSS 2.0 changed anything? It sounds like it's gotten a lot more reliable than before. Theoretically you could use it on top of your in house filtering and upscaling, and improve performance even further. It sounds like they've trained the network to be pretty universally applicable, so Enscape should theoretically work with it out of the box.

If not though, perhaps there's still a way to take advantage of the tensor cores in RTX, which presumably are sitting dormat within Enscape currently, correct? Though that would require training your own networks. Neural networks are one of the hardware accelerated features alongside raytracing that are only going to become more common in future graphics cards (including from AMD).

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia…speed-boost-from-dlss-20/

• Here's something else new and exciting - Minecraft RTX!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Watching this video is pretty fascinating - they're really doing full path tracing it seems, albeit with very blocky graphics, but still, very impressive

Seems like a good challenge for Enscape to acheive ^^ (I bet you're already working on it ;)) There are a lot of similarities to the way things work now, but they take it a step further with the number of bounces (8), and support for caustics and other effects.

• Here's something else new and exciting - Minecraft RTX!

On Ultra settings, Enscape already offers multi bounce for the indirect lighting. The Minecraft RTX thing is impressive but let me tell you that having a world that consists only of boxes makes it a bit easier ;)

• On Ultra settings, Enscape already offers multi bounce for the indirect lighting. The Minecraft RTX thing is impressive but let me tell you that having a world that consists only of boxes makes it a bit easier ;)

This video with the developers of Minecraft RTX is even more interesting if you haven't watched it yet:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They go into quite a bit of detail about their path tracing implementation, and by and large it looks very similar to what Enscape does (https://gpuopen.com/deferred-path-tracing-enscape/), except you were two years ahead of them! (perhaps they studied up ;) )

They mention a couple times in the video that the techniques used shouldn't be applicable to only blocky games like Minecraft however, and indeed they're using PBR materials as well as smaller more detailed elements, not just simple blocks. I'm guessing where performance probably becomes an issue is with reflections though? With diffuse global illumination being irradiance cached over multiple frames, and BVH's being adjusted dynamically based on scene complexity, GI performance is independant of the number of polygons, as you mention in your Enscape article. But reflections present a challenge because they're typically changing constantly per frame and have to represent objects that are off screen. The Minecraft developers mention how they load blocks of the environment that are off screen without knowing for sure what will and won't influence the visible scene. Doing so with detailed architectural models no doubt takes a lot more memory though, which explains why you dumb it down into simplified geometry for the purposes of reflections. Granted they've been improving steadily over the past couple years, with things like textures added now, but do you see any hardware specific things like RTX that if adopted have the potential to vastly improve them I wonder? Improvents to geometry streaming or LODs?

Another interesting things they mention is that more horsepower is spent on denoising in Minecraft than raytracing itself. As they say, there's a law of diminshing returns the more samples you add (2x, 4x, 8x etc.). Like Enscape, they're not using any sort of AI denoising, just temporaral filtering. They use different denoisers each for diffuse GI, reflections, and shadows, with multiple rounds of each.

Btw, maybe Digital Foundary would be interested in doing an interview with the Enscape team? I realize they focus primarily on gamers, but realtime path tracing is right up their alley.

• Official Post

hi I ask for choosing between rtx2080ti or rtx2080super or rtx2070uper what's the best. Price/performance. Thx

You may even want to wait for the new upcoming 3000 series. :) Otherwise, if you plan on using VR, the RTX 2080 Super and 2080 Ti might be better suited than the RTX 2070 Super. Although I would perhaps not get a 2080 Ti since you should get a better Price/performance ratio with one of the upcoming 3000 series cards.

• So how do people feel about the newly released 30xx series cards? I thought the marbles demo in particular was really impressive.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/202…ng-weve-been-waiting-for/

forum.enscape3d.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/20196/

I'm looking forward to seeing Enscape's performance boost and future quality improvements that might become enabled ;)

(Speaking of which, have you looked anymore at DLSS 2.0 to see whether it could be useful?)

• I know there has been some debates on whether Enscape should adopt or not DLSS, I just received a 3090 today, an upgrade from a 2070 super, and I must said is a good improvement for anybody using more than 8GBs of VRAM (like me), I god a project that went unmanageable with the 2070, exporting renders at 4K (with 4K textures, 3D HQ scanned assets, etc) I had to find ways around like decreasing the resolution of the monitor to 720p in order to render, otherwise is impossible.

Knowing this;

It will be great if you guys take a look at D5 Render implementation of DLSS 2.0 (I know their render engine is based in Unreal and RTX proprietary software) when RTX is OFF and the scene is full of trees (Thousands) it goes a bit slow, but when is ON runs smooth like butter also rendering in 4K helps because DLSS is theoretically rendering at a lower resolution.

I believe personally Is worth the try!

Attached is an example of a project that is basically a street of an entire city. Loaded with the elements you see in the view in each street of the city

• Official Post

Hi Julio

thanks for your report! Happy to hear that you're having great performance on the RTX 3090 (and I guess you're also lucky to have received one already ;) ).

We're evaluating DLSS 2 for Enscape in the future, it does however require some larger rewriting of the renderer to be able to improve performance as it's only available on Vulkan and DirectX12 graphics APIs. So I can't give you an exact date when it's going to be released yet.

• Hi Julio

thanks for your report! Happy to hear that you're having great performance on the RTX 3090 (and I guess you're also lucky to have received on already ;) ).

We're evaluating DLSS 2 for Enscape in the future, it does however require some larger rewriting of the renderer to be able to improve performance as it's only available on Vulkan and DirectX12 graphics APIs. So I can't give you an exact date when it's going to be released yet.

Hi @Clemens

Thanks for the reply! It is actually great that you guys are evaluating the inclusion of DLSS 2.0 in the future! ? I know it may take some time but it will be worth it for sure!

It wasn't easy to find one at all, was hunting for quite some time and managed to get one at MSRP, also I have been having an issue during the export not sure if it has something to do with the new version of Enscape+3090, but when I exported a video before with the 2070 Super it shows the progress bar nonstop, with the 3090 is faster the progress but it stops at least 4 to 5 times,

Is like renders until certain point and stops for 3 to 5 seconds and then continues and then stops for another 3 to 5 seconds until is done.

(It has to stop to recalculate the bounce, reflections, etc?)

Thanks! Have a nice day!

• Hello

So I am needing to upgrade my GPU but there are far too many options out at the moment. Some help would be appreciated. I'm looking at upgrading my CPU to the new Ryzen 7 5800x. My budget allows from a Radeon 6800 or RTX 3070. I have watched tons of videos on their performance but it really hasn't helped me choose. Some help on the new cards would be great. Thanks

• Hello

So I am needing to upgrade my GPU but there are far too many options out at the moment. Some help would be appreciated. I'm looking at upgrading my CPU to the new Ryzen 7 5800x. My budget allows from a Radeon 6800 or RTX 3070. I have watched tons of videos on their performance but it really hasn't helped me choose. Some help on the new cards would be great. Thanks

I have the 5800x and a 3090. Depending on your current CPU, you might be better off keeping that CPU and using that money on a 3080 or 3090. That will be a bigger increase in performance as rendering is very GPU intensive. One big advantage of the 3090 is that it has 24GB ram. Makes a huge difference. The difference while rendering with 3090 compared to my previous 2080ti is almost laughable. I had a Ryzen 3700x and it actually ran just as well as the 5800x does. The GPU was the major winner.