Control FOV interpolation

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi,

I have a little problem with a particular kind of scene I tried to do.

My idea is to have a dolly movement of camera syncronized to a change of FOV.

In pratical i tried to have a zoom out while I go ahead. In my mind I tried to fix a point of an object while all around change prospective.

This is start frame

This is end frame

Unfortunately the result is not was as good as I imagined.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think because I can't control the curve of FOV interpolation.

While I can flag "Easy in/out" in camera movement, I cannot set the same thing in FOV interpolation.

This produce an unaesthetic elestic effect that dirties the result.

Can you add more controls to better set this type of conditions?

Thanks

• Official Post

Hey happymilk !

I think I get what you want to achieve exactly, but correct me if I miss anything - you basically want the FoV adjustment to be most noticeable in about the middle of the camerapath, but the beginning and end should be similar to what you get with the "easing in/out" function, just for FoV (making it slower/smoother too), correct? Let me know and I'll gladly discuss this internally.

• Hi Demian,

first, sorry for my english. I know that is a big problem in most cases.

What i try to achieve is a linear transition from two keyframes.

I can obtain it in the camera movement (with easy in/out set to off) but not in FOV aperture that seems always smooth.

I try to show you what i would.

(this is lightwave 3D preview)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And this is a graph timeline from the 2 keyframe

I hope it's more clear now.

Thanks

Mirko