Animating HDRi rotation/SkyBox

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I see the ability to animate time of day, though if one is choosing HDRi with the brightest point as Sun Direction, is there no provision to animate its rotation? Maybe this is more of a feature request, but thought I would check in as a question in case there is a way to do this. Thank you!

• Official Post

I see the ability to animate time of day, though if one is choosing HDRi with the brightest point as Sun Direction, is there no provision to animate its rotation? Maybe this is more of a feature request, but thought I would check in as a question in case there is a way to do this. Thank you!

Thanks a lot for your inquiry.

The only problem here is that it would look strange if the sun movement would also then influence the HDR, thus quickly leading to unrealistic results where everything is tilted for example. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something here? If you'd still like me to file your inquiry as a feature request let me know. :)

• I was thinking simple horizontal rotation on the z-axis for just the HDRi to change the sun azimuth direction (not the elevation angle) as animating that would indeed tilt the HDRi map. In the slider of the skybox set up, there is a setting to rotate it, as it rotates, the sun direction also rotates. I was thinking maybe this setting could be part of the video editor for the key frames and the rotation could be tweened between keys?

• Official Post

I was thinking simple horizontal rotation on the z-axis for just the HDRi to change the sun azimuth direction (not the elevation angle) as animating that would indeed tilt the HDRi map. In the slider of the skybox set up, there is a setting to rotate it, as it rotates, the sun direction also rotates. I was thinking maybe this setting could be part of the video editor for the key frames and the rotation could be tweened between keys?

I see! That makes sense of course - I will forward that as a feature request accordingly. For now this is not yet possible, but it's now on our agenda for our developers to see. :)

• Official Post

+1

Thank you!