Sketchup mirror texture does not look good in Enscape

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi All,

I work in sketchup and in case of big mirror surfaces, the enscape render does not look realistic. The render is almost useless. I tried mirror01 and mirror02 textures in sketchup, the results are the same.

I tried to modify the mirror texture in enscape texture, it did not help.
    I attach an example.
    Is there anyone who can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Gabi

• Official Post

Gabi Halasz , please kindly check out the following FAQ article here:

Why are some of my objects/parts of my project not displayed in reflections?

We know it's not always the ideal solution but, in that case you may want to adjust your perspective to, for example, have most of what you want to have rendered on screen itself as well (the side of the bed is not visible for example and thus is also not displayed in the reflection) - still, it can help if you reduce the amount of detail on an object (or reduce the polygon count), and make sure that your Rendering Quality in the first tab of our Visual Settings is set to "Ultra" for the best reflection output. Simplified, or more simple models in terms of geometry are displayed in reflections more so (or more complete) than complex objects due to performance reasons.

• Seeing that you can get better reflections with higher Visual Settings, wouldn't it be possible to have proper reflections for mirrors on the expense of additional time for when you make the final render? I understand that this can't be done in real time, but is it really impossible to give us the option for when rendering the final image?

I mean the render engine can see the mirrored objects, otherwise it wouldn't be able to render them at all. It just chooses not render them in high fidelity for the sake of speed. Perfectly understandable for a real time engine to set such priorities. But why impose the same limitations on the final render? Why not give the option, for those who don't mind to wait, to have proper reflections. If you can do this for just the 1st reflection and only for mirrors (maybe a special "mirror material", not every shiny object) that would get us 95% of the way and would solve this issue!

• Official Post

Seeing that you can get better reflections with higher Visual Settings, wouldn't it be possible to have proper reflections for mirrors on the expense of additional time for when you make the final render? I understand that this can't be done in real time, but is it really impossible to give us the option for when rendering the final image?

I mean the render engine can see the mirrored objects, otherwise it wouldn't be able to render them at all. It just chooses not render them in high fidelity for the sake of speed. Perfectly understandable for a real time engine to set such priorities. But why impose the same limitations on the final render? Why not give the option, for those who don't mind to wait, to have proper reflections. If you can do this for just the 1st reflection and only for mirrors (maybe a special "mirror material", not every shiny object) that would get us 95% of the way and would solve this issue!

That has been requested a lot of times. We wish it would be that simple, if it would, we would've probably done it already. But, I will still gladly forward your feedback in any case. :)

• Official Post

I know. I requested this myself before. I just saw it as a good opportunity to make another suggestion for a different way of finding a solution ;)

Yeah, I get that - you can at least rest assured that we're very aware of this behavior and that there is also room for improvement still of course. With better hardware better reflections will come, with newer techniques they'll become more and more realistic as well.