"Global Material" for proxies

• I have that case for Sketchup:

1) Hotel with 30 rooms and lobby

2) In each room my client want to place a table

3) There is a 3 types of rooms: one with RECTANGLE table, second with ROUND table and third with HEXAGON table

4) In lobby I have put another type of table: Large OVAL

5) Eeach of table have the SAME MATERIAL - for example white plastic

6) I want to use proxies for that tables

7) I make one main project file where I put that 30 proxies (10 of each type of table with the SAME "GLOBAL" MATERIAL) and directly to main project file Large OVAL table in lobby.

My observations :

a) I have see in "Materials" my "White Plastic Material" - I think that is the material FOR ALL of my tables (for OVAL looby table and for all proxies).

b) When I try to change for example tint color from "White Plastic Material" to "Red Plastic Material", its only works for a OVAL lobby table - not for all proxies :-/

And questions:

i) It is possible to make a switch (checbox) to make a Material "GLOBAL" for all proxies? - when I change some properties of material that is checked as 'GLOBAL' in main file, Enscape scan proxies for that material and make changes for that material in all files (proxies)

ii) OR make feature "merge materials from proxies" (import materials from proxies)? - when I create or import proxy I have possibility to compare/merge materials between proxy and main file and create "GLOBAL Material" for choosen materials (compare 'by name' in first version of feature ;) )

iii) OR make feature: "copy enscape materials" between sketchup files - export/import in Enscape Materials Window

When I have a complicated project or project with high poly components I want to make some of "room's" as proxy - in that way I can speed up my workflow (smaller skp main project file for reading, saving and modeling by Sketchup)

However, when I have in that "rooms" material for furniture and now I must open each of that proxy and make the same corrections in material... hmmmm... this slow down my worklfow ?(

• Thank you very much for all the valuable feedback. I will gladly forward that as a feature request for our developers to see! :) Let me know in case you want to add anything else to it in the future.

• Another way this could we solved is with material overrides for assets.

For example:

1) in the material asset editor, add a checkbox for each material "allow project override"

2) in the project, make an option to select an asset and override with a material defined in the project.

This would also work great for furniture: place a bunch of furniture with varying finishes, and then override them all with the same fabric or leather to unify the design.

Also for people: drag in 3d people, than override them all with black to make them look like silhouettes/conceptual people.