Sketchup Section Planes dont work when nested in a group

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi There,

I have noticed when trying to create a section through a model that section planes only render in Enscape when not grouped.

This is fine for most cases, but when in Sketchup you don't want certain objects to be affected by the section cut, you put them outside the group that the section plane is in.

The Sketchup viewport shows this working correctly, however Enscape does not render sections at all when nested inside a group.

I am aware there was a thread raised in 2018 with this same problem, however it has not yet been fixed/implemented and is advised to raise a new thread.

I am hoping you can fix/ implement this feature so that section planes don't make a global cut to the model, and only affect objects in the group they are in and below in the outliner hierarchy.

Thank you in advance!

Ross :)

• Official Post

We'll check it out! I'll either file it as a bug report for our developers, or come back to you again with a solution, or once this has been resolved. Thank you so much!

• @Demian, has there been any resolution of this issue? I commonly do the same thing, cutting some objects, but not others.

This also is a useful trick to have a common source component, and clipping only parts of some objects that intersect one another in odd geometries. It would be great if Enscape could recognize multiple nested section cuts.