Revit Crashes when Asset Library item placed for first time.... every 5-10 items

• I have an issue with Revit freezing every now and then when placing a new asset for the first time, say every 5 or 10 items.

It used to be that I could wait 10 minutes, go away and do something else (like write this post!), come back and it would be running again. Now sometimes with larger models the freeze seems to be indefinite (maybe I'll wait 30 minutes and it'll work...? not feasible).

Really annoying and it's making me paranoid when placing asset library items. I'm saving often but even then it's loss of productivity having to force close, open back up, start Enscape again, load the asset library, get back into it and so on... It doesn't seem to be specific assets, ie. when I load it back up and go to place that same asset again, it works.

Sorry if anyone's already posted about this, I had a look and couldn't see any of the more recent posts raising this specific issue.

Cheers

John

• Sorry to hear about this!

In such cases it is always great to receive a dedicated feedback report from your machine - this way my team and me will be able to look at the log files of yours, plus the machine information, to figure out the cause behind this problem. It may be related to an outdated version of Enscape, or outdated graphics card drivers, or of course something else. We'll be able to tell you more once we've got the report. Thank you!

• Hi Demian

I've already got another recent ticket on the go (I think the reference number is 00814698? - 'Enacpe Loading Screen Stuck (Update)'...typo mine) for which I've provided log files + feedback report. Lautaro Hunzicker responded to this and is merging this case with a previous related case. Hopefully these log files might be useful? The asset issue has been concurrent so not sure if fresh log files would be useful or not.

I've got the latest version of Enscape and updated graphics drivers.

Cheers,

John

• JohnB , cheers, thanks a lot. My dear colleague will thus assist you further with that issue of course and take over from here.