Size Limit to Video textures?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi there,

I'm trying out the new Version 2.9 video material feature for the first time but can't seem to get it to work.

I've got an MP4 file of about 3 minutes in length (so it's quite a large file size).

I've created a flat surface and have used a simple planar map and placed that inside one of Enscape's Television assets. (I modified the block after I placed it)

I've created an Enscape material and selected the MP4 as the Albedo map. Clicked on the Self-illumination with the default white and candela settings.

I only get a black material when launching Enscape (Rest mode on/off setting doesn't have any effect)

The video file size is 107 mb as it is 3 minutes long and captured at 1920x1080 at 30fps.

I've also tried removing the video surface from inside the block but there was no change.

Are there limits to video texture size or format or frame rate?

Thanks.

• Official Post

The video file you're trying to use should be useable just fine - at the moment there are no restrictions set in place when it comes to either the resolution, FPS or file size.

In that case, is there perhaps a chance you could send me the video file itself for troubleshooting purposes? Let me know and I can gladly provide you with an upload link.