Missing Multiple Mapping Channels in Enscape

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • It looks like enscape supports multi-sub object materials in rhino but doesn't support multi mapping channels which are necessary to control different textures sizes within the object. I think this is because mapping channels are defined in the Bitmap Texture Settings of a custom material and enscape by default reads all custom material textures in mapping channel 1. When I change the material type from custom to enscape in rhino there is no option in the enscape material editor to define which mapping channel the material uses.

Could you add a mapping channel input to the enscape material editor so we can fully utilize multi sub-object textures with different mapping channels in enscape?

• Official Post

It looks like enscape supports multi-sub object materials in rhino but doesn't support multi mapping channels which are necessary to control different textures sizes within the object. I think this is because mapping channels are defined in the Bitmap Texture Settings of a custom material and enscape by default reads all custom material textures in mapping channel 1. When I change the material type from custom to enscape in rhino there is no option in the enscape material editor to define which mapping channel the material uses.

Could you add a mapping channel input to the enscape material editor so we can fully utilize multi sub-object textures with different mapping channels in enscape?

I have gladly forwarded that as a feature request - thanks a lot!