Latecomers crowd out users in use

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
    • Official Post

One of our customers purchased floating licenses for multiple seats, and recently discovered that when all nodes are in use, if someone else joins, the nodes in use will be occupied and cannot be used normally. What is the solution?

I'm sorry to hear about that, this issue seems new to me.

Just to get a clear understanding:

You have, for example, 5 seats - those 5 seats are occupied and someone else tries to use the floating license, but instead of Enscape starting watermarked for example, all the other machines which are occupying the 5 seats cannot use Enscape anymore? Am I missing something?

• I'm sorry to hear about that, this issue seems new to me.

Just to get a clear understanding:

You have, for example, 5 seats - those 5 seats are occupied and someone else tries to use the floating license, but instead of Enscape starting watermarked for example, all the other machines which are occupying the 5 seats cannot use Enscape anymore? Am I missing something?

Yes, you are almost there just not all the other machines which are occupying the 5 seats can not use Enscape anymore, just one of those machines can not use.

• Official Post

Yes, you are almost there just not all the other machines which are occupying the 5 seats can not use Enscape anymore, just one of those machines can not use.

I see. I'll get in contact with licensing to see if they heard about such behavior before.

When those 5 seats are occupied and someone else, a 6th person tries to startup Enscape, does it work properly though for that user? Or does that user receive watermarks and such? Also, can you perhaps go into detail a bit further regarding "one of those machines can not use" - what kind of behavior do you experience once Enscape cannot be used? Any error message, does it become watermarked, etc?

• I see. I'll get in contact with licensing to see if they heard about such behavior before.

When those 5 seats are occupied and someone else, a 6th person tries to startup Enscape, does it work properly though for that user? Or does that user receive watermarks and such? Also, can you perhaps go into detail a bit further regarding "one of those machines can not use" - what kind of behavior do you experience once Enscape cannot be used? Any error message, does it become watermarked, etc?

The 6th person can use it normally, and "one of those machines can not use" will receive a message: The slot is full, and then it becomes a watermark.

• Official Post

The 6th person can use it normally, and "one of those machines can not use" will receive a message: The slot is full, and then it becomes a watermark.

Very helpful, thanks a lot. I'll get back to you again asap.

• Official Post

jackychow , so, this behavior is definitely not normal but we have a theory what may cause this:

If you say that once the 5 seats are taken, and a 6th person tries to use Enscape, one of the users using the 5 seats will get "kicked" from the license - but, is there any chance that any of those 5 users are simply restarting Enscape here and there? Because in that case, the floating seat(s) could be taken by anyone using the floating license since the license gets freed up a few minutes after closing Enscape.

Should you not be sure if that is the case, it would be very helpful if the corresponding user(s) which get "kicked" and receive watermarks could send in a feedback report:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

Please simply tell that user to include a link to this thread for reference or some other context so that we know from whom the feedback came. Thanks!

• The root cause is that the customer's seats are not enough. The customer has added seats and hopes that this problem will not occur again. They have been told that if this problem occurs again, they can click the feedback button. Thank you for your help.

• Official Post

The root cause is that the customer's seats are not enough. The customer has added seats and hopes that this problem will not occur again. They have been told that if this problem occurs again, they can click the feedback button. Thank you for your help.

Thanks a lot for the heads up! Appreciated. :)