MATERIAL ALIGNMENT

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Materials that I have in my Revit model do not match their rendering in Enscape in terms of alignment. For example my CMU blocks aren't lining up the same between the two. I have attached an image to help understand the problem I am having. Thank you very much in advance for any assistance resolving this.

• Official Post

jmurila12 , I'm sorry to hear about that. Is there any chance for your to share the project with us? Let me know and I'll provide an upload link for you - I remember seeing such a case before, but it would be great to have the file itself for troubleshooting purposes. Thank you in advance!

• Demian Gutberlet , thank you very much for your swift reply. The project in question requires that my company not share information for confidentiality purposes, but I will get in touch with my supervisor and our client and see if they would be willing to make an exception. Would it be possible for me to simply send a sample of the wall element I used as a stand alone template (project) for you to analyze?

• Are you using shaded mode for the in-revit wall or realistic view mode? It looks like you're using a shaded view, with the drafting lines on the wall.

In my experience, realistic mode = what enscape will see, and you should adjust alignment according to that for enscape. The tiling lines you get from hidden line/shaded views usually don't line up perfectly with texture, because in the real world a grout line is thicker than the 1pt line used to draft with. If you want to make your drafting lines = the actual texture so you can use this as part of a tiling plan in-set and for a perfect depiction in enscape, you can try to correct it by using the texture alignment tool in the material editor for the CMU to make your texture look more accurate to your drafting work. You will probably need to adjust the scale of the texture to get it closer to the drafting lines, or make sure your drafting lines account for grouting (in my opinion a bad idea, it's over-detailing).

• Official Post

Demian Gutberlet , thank you very much for your swift reply. The project in question requires that my company not share information for confidentiality purposes, but I will get in touch with my supervisor and our client and see if they would be willing to make an exception. Would it be possible for me to simply send a sample of the wall element I used as a stand alone template (project) for you to analyze?

For sure, that is also possible of course and would be sufficient - definitely feel free to follow the guidance of skhayward above too beforehand! Thanks a lot again - if that doesn't resolve it, you can upload part of the project via the link I've sent you via a direct message. :)

• The origin of the model pattern in Revit and the image used to render either has 1) a different origin or 2) is a different scale. When the origin of your model pattern is the same as the origin of the image and the size of the image coincides with the model pattern the image and model pattern will align.