VR Problem with Oculus Quest 2

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello, I have installed my Oculus Quest 2. But when I start the Enscape in vectorworks I get the message Searching for head mounted display.

I installed the Occulus with virtual desktop and also the oculus app. But nothing seems the work!

Can you help me please?

• Official Post

Hello, I have installed my Oculus Quest 2. But when I start the Enscape in vectorworks I get the message Searching for head mounted display.

I installed the Occulus with virtual desktop and also the oculus app. But nothing seems the work!

Can you help me please?

Can you let me know if other VR applications work just fine? Do you have any apps/games or such to test that?

Please also try the following if you haven't already:

• Make sure that the latest Oculus runtime has been installed and you’ve followed all the required steps of the Oculus device setup.
    • Open the Oculus App and select Settings. In the General settings section please activate the Unknown Sources option (Fig 1.8)
    • When you turn on your Oculus you should now be able to see the Oculus Home Scene.

Thanks in advance! :)

• Hi there. I've looked through this thread and this thread but I'm still having the same issue. Has this been resolved yet?

This is my process:

Revit is open on computer with Enscape open but VR disabled for now

Oculus app on computer > Settings > General > Unknown sources selected
    Connect Oculus to computer

Enable VR via computer... Nothing happens

Enable VR via Oculus though Monitor... Nothing happens

Go "Home" in Oculus and repeat above 2 steps... Nothing happens.

What am I missing????

• Official Post

Welcome to our Forum!

The very first question is, are you able to use other VR applications besides Enscape? If so, it would be great to receive a feedback report from that machine so that we can see if the issue is caused by Enscape:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

If you cannot use other applications either, is there any chance you have a system administrator around you for example who could help you with that? Also, which VR device are you using exactly, if it's the Quest 2, have you made sure that you own a dedicated compatible link cable? Not all USB 3 cables work with the Quest / Quest 2.

• Hi there. Thanks for the reply.
    I have a Quest 2 and I didn't get as far as to try other apps as Enscape was all I was really interested in at the time and it was lagging so much that I gave up after I couldn't get it to run.
    I need to try again this coming weekend and 2 things I will try is 1) a more capable computer, and 2) I may need to buy a "dedicated compatible link cable".
    The cable I was using was just a standard cable from a phone charger, but it worked for Side-Loading onto my Quest so I thought it would work for this as well.

• Official Post

Hi there. Thanks for the reply.
    I have a Quest 2 and I didn't get as far as to try other apps as Enscape was all I was really interested in at the time and it was lagging so much that I gave up after I couldn't get it to run.
    I need to try again this coming weekend and 2 things I will try is 1) a more capable computer, and 2) I may need to buy a "dedicated compatible link cable".
    The cable I was using was just a standard cable from a phone charger, but it worked for Side-Loading onto my Quest so I thought it would work for this as well.

Yeah, Side-Loading sure does work with ordinary USB 3 cables, but you will require one which has even more bandwidth than that. :thumbup: Looking forward to any further reports!

• Yeah, Side-Loading sure does work with ordinary USB 3 cables, but you will require one which has even more bandwidth than that. :thumbup: Looking forward to any further reports!

Hi again, One question before I go ahead and buy the link cable... I've read here and there that people are suggestion downloading and using Virtual Desktop as oppose to using a link cable. What are your thoughts on this - will this work for Enscape as well?

I read here that 1.3gb/s was necessary for the connection, but that sounds a bit full on - I'm sitting on just under 500mbps and i thought that was fast :/

• Hello

Is it possible to use Oculus Quest 2 without the link cable.

I thought with Virtual Desktop and virtual desktop streamer with which i can control the desktop and also Revit with Enscape , i can use it without the link cable.

With the link cable it functioned.

• I've been using the cable link and Oculus 2 headset no problem. I had to install Steam VR as well as Oculus App.

Here it is. After installing Steam VR, close Steam App. (Steam VR will launch automatically later through Enscape)

Then open Oculus App and connect the cable. Then enable cabled link through the headset. It asks a second time if you want to enable link and you say yes. The headset is then ready to go.

After that VR runs fine through Enscape via the cable link, if you have decent GPU that is.

Does Virtual desktop have slower transfer rate than the cable, or are they equivalent?

• Official Post

Hello

It works with the cable, but it is possible to use Oculus Qest and Enscape without the link cable?

If you have a rather decent fast internet connection (and preferably your router should support 5GHZ output), check out this FAQ article here as well. There are more free solutions available, so it depends on your preferences regarding which one to go for.