There's something wrong with transparency

• Hi Bogdan,

I suppose a shadow covers the object/area which has the transparent material applied to it? If this is the case, half-transparent objects will currently look more see-through than you'd expect. We're actively working on improving this behavior though!

Further, may I ask what you want to achieve in your project through transparent materials? There might be a better solution as opposed to setting your material opacity to ~95%.

• Hi Bogdan,

it's an old, annoying limitation of Enscape - no semi transparency of diffuse materials. So, milky glass or air balloon materials or silk curtains are not possible. Over 4% transparency cause the diffuse part of the material is complete turned off. You only get something like a colored transparency (like tinted glass). For me it's a problem to work around this limit and I hope it will be solved. Maybe it's a question of the count of user requests. ;)

For still images you could render your image twice and mix the diffuse effect in postwork.

Here a some test images that show the effect:

Some strange glass effects

• Hi,

"For still images you could render your image twice and mix the diffuse effect in postwork." - That's what I did.

"a shadow covers the object/area which has the transparent material applied to it" - yes

Ok, at least I know It's a bug and I'll stop to try to tweak it.

Hope it will get fixed soon.

Thanks

• Ok, at least I know It's a bug and I'll stop to try to tweak it.

Hope it will get fixed soon.

So far I know it not classified as bug. It's how Enscape works yet and improvements will come. I'm not sure it means a continuous transparency from 0..100%.

Gadget I'm curious - could you post an example?