Lighting not behaving correctly?

• Rhino 7 brought welcome updates on lighting including falloff and Inverse Squared. It's not still IES, but should be good enough for most cases.

However, Enscape doesn't seem to behave correctly with updated lighting. I tried all different units, MM, M, IN, FT, but I don't see any change in behavior. It's really hard to fine tune the light intensity in the regular 'constant' mode. What's more problematic is, 'Inverse Squared' is like just light turned on/off. It's also supposed to work more realistically with distance between light and objects, but 'Inverse Squared' light becomes way too bright even at .1.

Is there something I'm missing to use the updated lighting correctly with Enscape?

• Rhino 7 brought welcome updates on lighting including falloff and Inverse Squared. It's not still IES, but should be good enough for most cases.

However, Enscape doesn't seem to behave correctly with updated lighting. I tried all different units, MM, M, IN, FT, but I don't see any change in behavior. It's really hard to fine tune the light intensity in the regular 'constant' mode. What's more problematic is, 'Inverse Squared' is like just light turned on/off. It's also supposed to work more realistically with distance between light and objects, but 'Inverse Squared' light becomes way too bright even at .1.

Is there something I'm missing to use the updated lighting correctly with Enscape?

I'm afraid, at least at the moment these updated lights are not yet supported - I've forwarded your inquiry accordingly though to discuss this internally.

• Hi, very frustrating indeed, you can clearly see the showcase page is uniquely made of Sketchup model because of that, I have already raised this with Rhino on their forum, but they didn't get it either / offended, their new updated lighting would be cool if it was 2008, the question is if Enscape could add their own lighting system like it's done in Sketchup, otherwise Rhino's users will start migrate somewhere else. The new pbr material is one thing, but as with any software, materials are always easier to manage vs lighting, there it no two way with lighting, it works or not.

Enscape lighting wouldn't need update and would always work, I think everyone is a bit tired of creating 10x1m square light to create ~9.5m of continuous lighting.. and hope he doesn't flicker when recording a video..

Demian Gutberlet any luck? is that a Rhino3d api problem?

Thanks

• We're very sorry about the current situation when it comes to the lighting in Rhino 7 not being supported properly in this case - I'll get together with PM and the Developers to find a solution to this as soon as possible. Thank you for your feedback and further patience, I will definitely get back to you once I have any further news soon!

• We're very sorry about the current situation when it comes to the lighting in Rhino 7 not being supported properly in this case - I'll get together with PM and the Developers to find a solution to this as soon as possible. Thank you for your feedback and further patience, I will definitely get back to you once I have any further news soon!

Thank you for the response. Looking forward to prompt resolution. Any way possible to know about any plans to correctly show Rhino materials/render geometry in Enscape?

- Separate sub object material

- Multi channel mapping

- Geometric modifiers (render mesh for edge softening, displacement, decals) | this doesn't have to be live updates. I'm sure everyone will be happy to have this update even with Enscape showing the render mesh/geometry only in final render.

Enscape is already good, but with these basic Rhino functions, it will be really great. These are such simple things a lot of Rhino users have been using without much thought. Thank you.

• Goodmorning , no ETA regarding these features yet I'm very afraid. But your feature requests are still forwarded and will be discussed internally as is always the case.