noise issues !

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello there !

I have been using enscape for a while and I am loving it ! :thumbsup:

I managed to upgrade my gpu about a month ago (3080 rtx) and the last few days

I am trying to achieve some hi-end results from enscape (2,8) !

I had some issues with the 4k animation , the final video looked a bit blurry (I tried the lossless method too and I had the same results ) but

I managed to resolve it by unticking the ''auto resolution '' and '' auto upsampling'' in the performance tab ! now the video looks nice and crisp !:)

I am still not really happy with the render results though ...

I get enough noise in enscape's preview window (is that normal ? ) and the final image is medium quality for some reason ... (render quality Ultra / capture as png):/

So , the questions are :

-is it ok that the preview window has that much noise ? (att. 1 / preview window.jpg)

-why the final 4k image has these issues with the reflections (att.2 / final 4k.jpg) ?

the materials are simple (reflection , normal map)... or maybe is a kinda limitation for enscape like the mirror material ?

thanks in advance

Lef

• Official Post

Welcome to our Forum! :)

"

-is it ok that the preview window has that much noise ? (att. 1 / preview window.jpg)

"

Yes, in the preview window itself, especially when you disable "Restmode" in the Performance tab of our General Settings. Restmode will allow the image to "settle" a bit further and there is some post-processing applied to get rid of such noise as much as possible - some of it can still occur, especially in scenes that are not well lit, and/or lit with mostly emissive surfaces instead of light sources.

"

-why the final 4k image has these issues with the reflections (att.2 / final 4k.jpg) ?

the materials are simple (reflection , normal map)... or maybe is a kinda limitation for enscape like the mirror material ?

"

A bit of noise is usually normal in some areas of a scene, in that case on the chair for example - It can't hurt to also receive a screenshot of the material settings for that chair material as well (perhaps it's just the normal map which makes the chair look a bit noisy too)- besides that, I can't really see any problems in the other marked areas? Or did you perhaps simply refer to the lack of noise in these locations when rendered?

• Thank you Demian for the reply !

actually some of the noise is from the emissive material that I used (for example in the spot lights) ... like all the other render engines , emissive materials

is not really a ''GI light'' and some times cause these artifacts ...

All the marked areas are problematic IMHO, but you have to open the full image to see :)

How anti aliasing works in enscape ? is only controled by the chosen quality ?

what about a manual selection during export ? or a sharpen slider ?

thanks again!

• Official Post

Hey lef80 ,

There is no anti aliasing in Enscape. While there is a blur slider, there is no sharpen slider.

So export quality is being controlled by the Render Quality and the chosen Resolution.

Hope this helps!