noise issues !

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello there !

I have been using enscape for a while and I am loving it ! :thumbsup:

I managed to upgrade my gpu about a month ago (3080 rtx) and the last few days

I am trying to achieve some hi-end results from enscape (2,8) !

I had some issues with the 4k animation , the final video looked a bit blurry (I tried the lossless method too and I had the same results ) but

I managed to resolve it by unticking the ''auto resolution '' and '' auto upsampling'' in the performance tab ! now the video looks nice and crisp !:)

I am still not really happy with the render results though ...

I get enough noise in enscape's preview window (is that normal ? ) and the final image is medium quality for some reason ... (render quality Ultra / capture as png):/

So , the questions are :

-is it ok that the preview window has that much noise ? (att. 1 / preview window.jpg)

-why the final 4k image has these issues with the reflections (att.2 / final 4k.jpg) ?

the materials are simple (reflection , normal map)... or maybe is a kinda limitation for enscape like the mirror material ?

thanks in advance

Lef

• Official Post

Welcome to our Forum! :)

"

-is it ok that the preview window has that much noise ? (att. 1 / preview window.jpg)

"

Yes, in the preview window itself, especially when you disable "Restmode" in the Performance tab of our General Settings. Restmode will allow the image to "settle" a bit further and there is some post-processing applied to get rid of such noise as much as possible - some of it can still occur, especially in scenes that are not well lit, and/or lit with mostly emissive surfaces instead of light sources.

"

-why the final 4k image has these issues with the reflections (att.2 / final 4k.jpg) ?

the materials are simple (reflection , normal map)... or maybe is a kinda limitation for enscape like the mirror material ?

"

A bit of noise is usually normal in some areas of a scene, in that case on the chair for example - It can't hurt to also receive a screenshot of the material settings for that chair material as well (perhaps it's just the normal map which makes the chair look a bit noisy too)- besides that, I can't really see any problems in the other marked areas? Or did you perhaps simply refer to the lack of noise in these locations when rendered?

• Thank you Demian for the reply !

actually some of the noise is from the emissive material that I used (for example in the spot lights) ... like all the other render engines , emissive materials

is not really a ''GI light'' and some times cause these artifacts ...

All the marked areas are problematic IMHO, but you have to open the full image to see :)

How anti aliasing works in enscape ? is only controled by the chosen quality ?

what about a manual selection during export ? or a sharpen slider ?

thanks again!

• Official Post

Hey lef80 ,

There is no anti aliasing in Enscape. While there is a blur slider, there is no sharpen slider.

So export quality is being controlled by the Render Quality and the chosen Resolution.

Hope this helps!