How are you guys creating new materials in Revit?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello guys,

Especially now that Revit is improving the way it handles materials, I was curious how everyone is creating their own materials? Or... where are you guys "sourcing" your materials for Revit/Enscape?

Thanks,

Rok

• I create all my own materials and maps. I also source a lot of maps from the online texture warehouses. Just use high quality images and put all the maps in correct places and enscape will produce great images. Let me know if you need to know my workflow.

• There is a few new physically based material classes in the new Revit. They are more similar to how enscape looks at materials so they are more predictable.

No material mapping options in Revit (and I dont think we'll ever see that in Revit).

• I create all my own materials and maps. I also source a lot of maps from the online texture warehouses. Just use high quality images and put all the maps in correct places and enscape will produce great images. Let me know if you need to know my workflow.

I'm getting nothing but the color choice coming through from Revit to Enscape at the moment. No bump or material look really. Color difference from Revit to Enscape is iffy as well at the moment. Is there a specific location I need to place my created images/maps at in order for Enscape to see them? I've been away from the program for a while.

Hey Scott,

Would love to better understand your workflow. Can you share?

Thanks!