Feature Request: Create Camera Path by recording walk using Xbox Controller

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hi all,

I'm rather new here and somewhat to Enscape. I have been using an Xbox controller to navigate models in Enscape and I have found that I can make the camera move around more or less the way I would want to simulate a person walking around with a gimbal-enabled camera with a somewhat smooth motion but more realistic than how the keyframe/video editor can do without much un-necessary tweaking.

So, if there is not current way to do so yet (cause when you plug in an Xbox controller the interface changes and the "regular buttons"/interface is hidden), I hereby request the feature to be added to record camera paths and views from Xbox controllers.

Also, if there could be a side-panel for the buttons hidden when the Xbox controller is plugged in so we do not miss the other functions... vertical panel maybe when pressing Shift + H or something?

Note: I think I can achieve a quick video "render" if I use software to capture the Enscape window while I do a walk with an Xbox Controller to achieve a "draft" version of what could be achieved by fully rendering videos if we could record the "manual" camera path from the controller.

Why do I request this, you ask? For the following:

• Create videos for property tours that will have voicer overs... "and next to the pool we have the guest house, and on this side..." with more natural camera movement rather that create a video that is too long... we need to retain audience attention. Video editing and cutting clips can get old quick and is time consuming.
    • Create videos for Campus tours (colleges and universities are looking into having vendors come in and take photos and make VR panoramas from those photos to create virtual tours now with Covid, but I think we could do "Enscape-better"... per se... ;) )
    • Enscape could then be used more for draft videos for professional shoots, 3D the location... render it in Enscape with lights and everything, now just mimic the camera paths with the Xbox controller...
    • Achieving quick motions with the camera and then trying to tweak them with the Keyframe editor and the comments I see in the forums about editing the keyframes... and multiple cameras, multiple clips... you get the idea.

Or something along those lines...

• Official Post

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback ASxJ2099 , I have gladly forwarded this as a feature request accordingly! :)

• A reference for capturing and smoothing camera paths:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

A reference for capturing and smoothing camera paths:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for sharing! I've forwarded it as well. :)