Enscape causing shutdown

• I just downloaded the program for a trial. Mostly I love it, but it's causing a weird failure with my computer. When I am actively using the plug-in and moving around an image my system suddenly cuts power and reboots. I am sure it is enscape...this has never happened before and it only happens when I use the program - 5 or 6 times in the last day. I found some video card setting recommendations and followed those, but it's still happening. I am running in Revit 2021. Any ideas? I have never seen a program do this before - it's not just a program lockup - it kills the whole system.

Video card: NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

Windows 10 system

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

• I just downloaded the program for a trial. Mostly I love it, but it's causing a weird failure with my computer. When I am actively using the plug-in and moving around an image my system suddenly cuts power and reboots. I am sure it is enscape...this has never happened before and it only happens when I use the program - 5 or 6 times in the last day. I found some video card setting recommendations and followed those, but it's still happening. I am running in Revit 2021. Any ideas? I have never seen a program do this before - it's not just a program lockup - it kills the whole system.

Video card: NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

Windows 10 system

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

I am sorry to hear about that - in that case please send us a dedicated feedback report, and in the submission form include what you wrote here in this thread as well:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

Thank you in advance, in the meantime, please also make sure that your graphics card drivers for the Quadro RTX 4000 are up to date:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

I experienced similar behavior with another software before, it seemed to be caused by either my PSU not being powerful enough or by a problem present in the outdated drivers I had back then.

• Thanks - will do. I have some suspicions about my power supply and the system is under warranty, so I am having that checked out as well.

Perhaps you may also want to use a stress-test tool like FurMark which could help you with reproducing the crashes. In that case, it wouldn't be related to Enscape but to the hardware itself indeed. :)