Preview version

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Hi!

Is there a way to try a preview release w/o remove the current 2.9?

Thank you

L.

Thanks for your question! :)

At the moment you can only either install the preview or release. The process itself is rather quick though switching from the release to the preview or vice versa. I constantly have to do that internally as well.

• Thank you Demian.

In a few days, I'll write you about an interesting project I work to.

Export camera animation from c4d (via Python) as .xml file and import it as camera path...

It does works, but I have some doubts about the Vectorworks coordinate system.

My goal is to export a camera tracked path into VW an then render in Enscape...

;)

L.

• Official Post

That is very interesting - I'd love to see the results soon, so all the best of luck and I hope you'll succeed.

• Official Post

Do we need to "install" the one we want to use each time, I mean only install 3, install 2.9, install 3 for each switch without previous uninstall?

Yes. We even advise uninstalling the release/preview(s) you have on your machine before installing a different version. Is there any particular reason for why you'd have to perhaps re-install different versions of Enscape? :)

• Indeed there is. If I want to test run the preview version (which I guess is not advised for production) and ALSO do some production work, it means I have to uninstall-install each time I change my work, right? Or am I missing something?

• Official Post

Indeed there is. If I want to test run the preview version (which I guess is not advised for production) and ALSO do some production work, it means I have to uninstall-install each time I change my work, right? Or am I missing something?

The preview is in most cases rather stable, often as stable as our full release. But yes, we still tell our users to be careful using our previews in production itself. And yes, for now at the moment you'll have to briefly re-install the preview/release each time I'm afraid. This may be adjusted in the future and I have gladly file this inquiry as a feature request now - I'll add your upvote to the topic as well Toscano . :)