Previous Release / Preview Threads Merged

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • i've mentioned this a lot of times before, and MANY users have backed the points... but it seems that it is all being ignored? How come?

Especially because the fix is SO simple! Just let us open Enscape WITHOUT exporting the model. instead have e big export/play button in the window, that starts the export process when the user is ready.

Thank you so much for your statement! We appreciate your insights, we really do.

This answer might not be satisfying, but even if the solution seems "simple", it must be well considered, planned and executed. Especially with all the big changes going on.

The RTX (and all other settings that has an effect on performance) still can be turned on and off on the cad-sided UI - general settings > performance.

• Thank you so much for your statement! We appreciate your insights, we really do.

This answer might not be satisfying, but even if the solution seems "simple", it must be well considered, planned and executed. Especially with all the big changes going on.

The RTX (and all other settings that has an effect on performance) still can be turned on and off on the cad-sided UI - general settings > performance.

Thank you for your answer :) and I agree completely. large changes must indeed be well considered, and thought through. And that is exactly why I'm pointing out that the current system is not working. It has to be looked at again for the software to be usable for serious work.

It is simply not a workflow that can be used at a big office like ours, where time is money, and the projects are large an complex. i understand that this is probably not an issue when you demo new releases on small files (one family homes etc), that loads almost instantly. But this is not how big architectural firms work. We do hospitals, airports, conference centers and other large, complex scenes that can be a hassle to work with. we do a lot of model optimizations and we are constantly monitoring hardware resources to make sure we stay within bounds. this means closing Enscape when it is not in use, and it means constantly changing settings.

and please note that i find all the other new UI features to be awesome! The new look of the software is amazing, and getting features streamlined into enscape itself is really great, especially for new users. none of the hard work is lost on me, and i really appreciate the direction this is going. So again, the only issue is, that i have to wait for ages for my model to load, before i can do anything ;)

simple or not, a solution for this must be implemented if we (and other large offices) are to adopt the new version. Right now it is just too time consuming and cumbersome to work with, for that simple reason that there is stuff you cant do without waiting 10-15 minutes every time.

one solution (as mentioned), is to start the export itself seperatly of opening the enscape window... another is to have access to visual settings on the sketchup side as well.

PS. I know that RTX is located in general settings, but it was my understanding that this was moving as well? And the most important settings regarding quality is still in the visual settings (namely render quality).

• PS. I know that RTX is located in general settings, but it was my understanding that this was moving as well? And the most important settings regarding quality is still in the visual settings (namely render quality).

I'm really glad that you like our new UI! :)
    All the cad-sided general-settings-tabs you see in our current preview will remain CAD-sided. Please be sure, that we have your concern regarding visual settings - render quality - on our radar.

• There's another usecase for not wanting to have the model loaded on launching the Enscape render window: what if I want to go directly to a saved view with different geometry/render settings: do I first have to load the entire window with standard settings to then throw that load away to load the saved view?

I know In Revit there's still that dropdown, but with these new UI changed, my expectation is that most people will stop using that in favor of the viewlist in the render window.

• Need batch rendering for pano and video. If you think people are just using Enscape for renderings, then the marketshare will be quite small...

• Wouldn't it be beneficial to everyone to make exporting in one or two steps an option in the preferences and just disable it by default? This way users that are accustomed with the current workflow can use it the way they're used to (one click for Opening Enscape & starting the export) while users with larger projects such as Herbo can use the two step method (two clicks - open Enscape, start Export).

Just sayin' ;)

• If multithreaded loading of texture is possible, can geometry loading be multithreaded as well? If one were to move from a CPU based renderer and have a high core count CPU, it would be ideal to use parallel central processing power for loading scenes.

I know all CAD 3d Modelling is linear/single threaded tasks, but wondering if handling/loading can be multithreaded like texture loading. For my workflow, sketchup scene needs to be loaded into the real-time render buffer in order for any tweak of visual settings. I cannot work blindly without this feedback, so I am not sure how the two step process suggested here would actually work.

• Wouldn't it be beneficial to everyone to make exporting in one or two steps an option in the preferences and just disable it by default? This way users that are accustomed with the current workflow can use it the way they're used to (one click for Opening Enscape & starting the export) while users with larger projects such as Herbo can use the two step method (two clicks - open Enscape, start Export).

Just sayin' ;)

Agree simple & elegant solution, Cant understand why the developers wont make this an option, seems like a no brainer to me

Just sayin' ;)

This!! This would be a perfect solution, with almost no impact on the overall vision You have for how the software works... but it still allows advanced users and big offices to use the software in an effective manner.

• Official Post

Thanks a lot everyone for the further feedback so far - I'll discuss this internally especially the topic of being able to access Visual Settings without having to actively run Enscape. All your input is very much appreciated before the release!

Just sayin' ;)

+1 from me

• Official Post

+1 from me

Thanks!