2pt Perspective Matching SketchUp - When?

• I am sad to see that the preview version of 3.0 still does not include a way to match a 2pt perspective in SketchUp. When will this bug ever be resolved?

• VStudio , I know this has been an ongoing topic, and I'll discuss with our Developers again if this implementation would be technically possible. Can you additionally perhaps let me know why your daily workflow requires this functionality, just so I can forward that as feedback too. It can never hurt to add the use-cases for our Devs to see. I am additionally asking, because there is of course also a dedicated two-point perspective available via Enscape, and you can create views from that mode directly.

Furthermore, there has been a workaround shared here at the bottom. Maybe that helps in the meantime.

• I've seen this topic also and I don't know. Honestly, I've never had this issue or found the sync view so unnecessary. Personally, I think Enscpae should drop this feature as it's kinda gimmicky and it creates more issues.

I've been using Enscape full-time for almost two years and have produced buckets of renders yet I've never needed to use it. I personally choose not to use it as you have to 100% match the viewport of Enscpae to the viewport of SketchUp to ensure everything is matching. Then you have to make sure that the render output is set to those correct dimensions or I think the "window" option does this. None the less this is very bad practice as if a project is handed off to a different designer and they have, say more extensions or a different monitor their "viewport" size will be different from yours. So this in turn will cause the output to be different and then further cause issues down the line when updating the post file.

This is just from my experience with using Enscape and b/c of this, I stay far away from the sync view.

I know this doesn't help your situation but I'd be happy to share more of my process and workflow if you would like.

I am looking forward to updating the 3.0 manly for the present library as this will open the door for more camera flexibility and not limit each render to have one focal length.

• I find synchronized views very helpful in SketchUp, as the navigation in Enscape I find a bit fiddly (zooms too quickly & too fast, I don't seem to have the same level of finer view control as in SU.)

Like Matthew, I'd like to be able to overlay SketchUp linework directly over the Enscape render output, but without the view sync, it requires tweaking each view to match up. That makes it cumbersome to do any sort of batch render.

• I find synchronized views very helpful in SketchUp, as the navigation in Enscape I find a bit fiddly (zooms too quickly & too fast, I don't seem to have the same level of finer view control as in SU.)

Like Matthew, I'd like to be able to overlay SketchUp linework directly over the Enscape render output, but without the view sync, it requires tweaking each view to match up. That makes it cumbersome to do any sort of batch render.

Yeah, I can agree with these two points.
    Enscape could add some refinement to camera placement, especially with vertical placement. Maybe while holding CRT or ALT it reduces the movement by half.
    Enscape Outline feature in the render tab works great and should work for your need. However, I will say adding some functionality to this feature would be great. Such as the thickness of the linework as well as including face edges along with profile edges.

• Well, honestly if it says "synch view" it should match identically... and it doesnt. The use case is, I want to use the saved views via sketchup then just set that tab open enscape and grab the render. no setting and saving views in enscape... why duplicate. Honestly after hours of working on your model, looking and working at it from all angles, placing your view exactly where you want it in sketchup, save view or update view, open enscape save render and leave. THAT is your work flow.

• Well, honestly if it says "synch view" it should match identically... and it doesn't. The use case is, I want to use the saved views via sketchup then just set that tab open enscape and grab the render. no setting and saving views in enscape... why duplicate. Honestly after hours of working on your model, looking and working at it from all angles, placing your view exactly where you want it in sketchup, save view or update view, open enscape save render and leave. THAT is your work flow.

There are a few things I think you could do differently from a workflow aspect. Instead of zeroing your views inside of SketchUp use Enscape. This will ensure 100% match each and every time you render or need to make edits. Enscape is your camera and SketchUp is your object or model you want to photograph. I think a number of users do the opposite and end up in this thread. :/

If you plan to use the Sync View (which I wouldn't recommend as you will see below the complications involved.)
    So Sync View does match but only in Perspective View.

However, due to the SketchUp Viewport having one screen size with a different 2D Graphics Export size topped with Enscape's Output being entirely different you get the misalignment. Let me explain more as I did a quick test and was able to get perfect matches.

Enscape has a "use viewport aspect ratio" setting in the Capture tab.

In order to enable it, you need to first select Custom in the resolution window.

(see image 1)

Once checked the values should reflect the DDS viewport. Big warning - if you change you toolbar layout or window size you need to manually update the Enscape Output by unchecking and rechecking the box. Very important to double-check that is this accurate.

Next, go to your SketchUp window and export it as 2D graphic. Be sure before you export you select Options - uncheck "use view size" and match the values to the Enscape Export values.

(See image 2)

From here you can layer the two images together in photoshop set the linework to multiple and bam! Now you may have to scale the SketchUp 2D graphic as the DPi is not exact but it should align.

(See Image 3)

So this method will not work with Two Point Perspective. However, you can use Camera Raw FIlter in Photoshop to quickly and accurately fix perspective.

Maybe this helps or not. Personally, I don't use this feature for client content. but maybe this gets you or someone else here closer to their needs.