"Toggle Favorite" View Function gone in Version 3.0

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Thanks a lot for your post and welcome to our Forum!

This feature has indeed been removed - I hope that you will still get used to the 3.0 new Ui interface and I will discuss with our developers if we cannot bring back the easy favoriting option.

If you can let me know what else is bothering you exactly, then that is something I can forward to our developers and product management department as feedback too!

• Haven't installed 3.0 release yet, but in the preview versions you could still mark views as favorites from the view panel in the render window. Was that remove for the final release?

• With regards to Favorite Views in Revit, has the right-side pop-up menu where you can quickly switch between favorite views been intentionally removed? To have to open and navigate the view management menu with its huge list of views is a loss of functionality and elegance in client presentations. I read somewhere else that it may still exist in the .exe export and VR mode. Why only in those modes? Most of our internal and external presentations are done on a large TV in the conference room or live over Teams or Zoom from a Desktop computer screen.

• Official Post

At the moment you can indeed only favorite views via the view selector in Enscape itself now - we're aware, that marking views as favorite can be a bit of a hassle and we're already looking into solutions. Then it should only be a matter of getting used to the new system. Overall we decided that this would be the better decision, but your feedback to have this reverted has also been forwarded.

Finally, the favorite view tab which is available in the .exe standalones has been removed from the Enscape live viewport, but I will make sure that our developers know that there is a demand to have this implemented again.

Furthermore, when it comes to the removal of being able to mark your views as favorite in Revit itself, can you specify your use case for that regarding why it would have to be done via Revit and would pose a hassle doing it via Enscape itself? We would like to understand the use case better so that we can consider reverting such adjustments.

• Personally I don't think it matters much if the favoriting is done in Revit or in the Enscape view manager. The bigger issue is the loss of the flyout view menu. Without it starring views has lost its main purpose. Our last large project contains hundreds of 3d views, resulting in list that you shouldn't have to wade through during a presentation. The view manager is not something the client should have to see.

The other, even bigger problem that I just noticed about the view manager is that switching views appears to force a reload of view settings from Revit, making view switching painfully slow in a large model. It's now very awkward to navigate from view to view in a live client presentation. We shouldn't have to manually walk through our entire 300,000 SF project to get to the rooms and views that we carefully modelled and curated for client consumption.

Generally I think moving the interface to the Enscape window is a logical step and the implementation is very nicely done with regards to most tools, but with regards to saved view navigation this is not the case, to the point where I'm leaning towards skipping the 3.0 deployment for the whole office for now.

• Please bring back the right-side pop out menu where you can easily toggle between favorited views without changing the Revit view that you are viewing in Enscape (without using a Standalone Executable Export). It saves a lot of time when trying to export several different views since you're not reloading a different Revit view every time.

• Hi... I still miss this option...

Can you please bring back option to add views to 'favorites' quickly from view management?

It's so cumbersome to have to open each view setting and mark it as favorite there... It was so much easier to add them just by clicking on the star icon inside the list of views.