Actual 3.0 Features?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi Enscapes,

First off; I appreciate all the work you do. I'm especially glad with how you respond to requests on this forum, so thanks.

But in this case I am concerned. The 3.0 version just dropped, and of all the possible features you could have added, I see none. Am i missing something?

Apart from a new UI and a new logo (which is just a mirrored 9gag logo btw...) are there some actual new features we actually need?

Where is

- relative paths/proxy manager

- batched vegetation brush

- winter vegetation

- full reflection

- filled sectioncuts

- appropriately behaving shadows in sections

- 360 video

- vertical water movement

- animated objects

- etc

I get that things take time, i truly do. But these requests have been circling the forum for two, even three years, yet i haven't seen a single request about a new look.

I am quite dissapointed and really hope some features are added soon.

Thanks in advance

(thanks for fixing the Scale Assets issue quite fast. Thats appreciated)

• I couldn't agree more, I thought that a 3.0 version would be a major upgrade/update, disappointed its basically an updated UI, but apparently they have consulted with their user base and this is what was wanted, go figure

• It's not like there was a public roadmap available beforehand, am I right? :S

I personally think that overhauling the UI was a overdue step that they needed to bring up at some point as the UI compared to TwinMotion or Lumion was surely lacking. With that now out of the way I'd hope for them to focus on more technical requests for the next milestones such as rounded edges, weathering on materials or filled (multiple) section cuts.

• Animated fire assets, mp4 alpha mapping, measurements inside of enscape, multi user VR would all be huge game changers that have years of feature requests on the forums. I do like the new UI look and think it was needed, but I also think expectations were a little higher for a major release like 3.0.

• For what it's worth: the new release does address many issues we were having that go beyond the (very welcome) UI changes: the ability to turn on/off aspect ratio toggle before rendering, loading linked settings when switching to a view, faster texture loading, many really good looking vegetation assets, ...

What the "actual features we really need" are is going to depend heavily on who you ask. For me, nothing that is mentioned in the list in the first post would even make my Top 10 wishlist. It just depends on how you use Enscape, what platforms you use it on, on what type of projects, what type of output, ...

• Sure, i get that a lot depends on who you ask. And yes, more assets is appreciated, only those have been coming with every 2.x release. They should be a given by now, not one of the main features of a major release. But maybe thats subjective too.

Even then; a new UI (which does look nice, granted), claimed to improve workflow. Meanwhile half the globe is working from home for the past year and working with your colleges on the same proxy filled model is still not easily possible. Relative paths/proxy manager would actually improve the workflow for all those people, no matter how you look at it

• Hi, I'm new around.

I literally just joined this forum to like and support thijslankers' post, since it simply states all of my wishes for where Enscape can improve for the future.

I have been working in Enscape for roughly two years now and it has changed my entire workflow in architecture, allowing me to be become a better designer, thanks to the seamless, real-time feedback, allowing me to control every detail throughout the entire design process. It really has been a game-changer for me and I am a passionate supporter and promoter of Enscape (which is why, I figured it's finally time to join this forum and contribute however I can with ideas and such).

That out of the way, like thijslankers mentions in his requested list of features, I truly believe the mentioned points are vital to bring Enscape in a position, where it can downright dominate its direct competitors - especially in the real-time rendering market. As some other users mention, feature requests are very subjective based on different users and workflows in Enscape, but I would argue, that features such as vegetation brushes, proper section lighting and improved reflections should have universal appeal and be a high priority, especially when minding the competiton.

As an extra point, I would suggest focusing on somehow integrating Quixel Megascans Bridge and their asset infrastructure into Enscape, if this is possible. I have no idea as to the technical complexity of implementing this and also if there are legal/copyright challenges and such, but I think that would effectively "fix" all requests for a lot of extra assets. I personally use Enscape exclusively in SketchUp, which perhaps isn't the easiest when implementing and coding for 3rd party applications (currently you have to use Transmutr as a workaround to import Quixel assets), so if there was some way to make a universal and more direct "asset import" tool directly for importing 3rd party assets, perhaps even automatised or even better, "drag and drop", that would be another absolute gamechanger.

Hope I didn't get too off-topic there, but keep up the fantastic work Team Enscape! :)

• Official Post

I can understand your disappointment, I really do - the features you've mentioned are indeed quite demanded requests which are not forgotten and which are still (or at least the majority) on their way to get implemented eventually even if there are no set release dates yet.

We did want to also primarily focus on the Ui this time especially going from 2.9 to 3.0 now, which included a lot of adjustments of course, let alone to the Video Editor. From here on we can build on that new foundation and will focus on further features which, among others, have been mentioned here in this thread already.

Thanks as well to anyone else who shared their feedback here as well!

• I can understand your disappointment, I really do - the features you've mentioned are indeed quite demanded requests which are not forgotten and which are still (or at least the majority) on their way to get implemented eventually even if there are no set release dates yet.

We did want to also primarily focus on the Ui this time especially going from 2.9 to 3.0 now, which included a lot of adjustments of course, let alone to the Video Editor. From here on we can build on that new foundation and will focus on further features which, among others, have been mentioned here in this thread already.

Thanks as well to anyone else who shared their feedback here as well!

Hey ! If new features are in development, why not bring back the roadmap! Users will be able to understand the evolution of Enscape. And there will be less such disappointment from raising!