Sun position/Time of day not saved with named views

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Using the new Enscape 3.0 version in Rhino 7, I don't seem to be able to get the sun positions saved with the views. When I restore a view, only the position of the camera is updated.

Also, I like that the view management is now in Enscape. However, it seems strange that the only way to delete or edit the viewpoint in an already saved view is to go back to Rhino and adjust or delete the corresponding Named View. Are there plans to have this function within Enscape in the future?

• Hi Toque Innovations and amykurt

Welcome to our forum.

As far as I can recall this wasn't possible before either, I just tested this in our 2.9 version again where the sun settings are also not saved in a view.

There are no concrete plans for editing the viewpoint in an already saved view, but I will forward this as a feature request.

• Rick Marx

My mistake, I was thinking back to a project where I had saved sun positions but that was a video project so they were saved with the timeline. It would be a very useful feature to have them stored with the views for reproducing the appearance in still renderings. I quite often accidentally change the time of day during navigation so it would be great to be able to restore it.

• Using the new Enscape 3.0 version in Rhino 7, I don't seem to be able to get the sun positions saved with the views. When I restore a view, only the position of the camera is updated.

Also, I like that the view management is now in Enscape. However, it seems strange that the only way to delete or edit the viewpoint in an already saved view is to go back to Rhino and adjust or delete the corresponding Named View. Are there plans to have this function within Enscape in the future?

Rhino 6 and Enscape 3.0 in my case

Can't save sun angle and eight is frustrating cause you can't garantee the same resoults after time.

Should be able to save angle and eight of the sun for each view

Best regards

• Strange, because same feature is possible in Revit. When you create a view, it will save the time of day with it. When you do the same procedure in Rhino, it only saves the camera POV but not time of day. I wonder why?

Please take a look at this feature !

+1

A workaround is not changing the time off the day in enscape but with the rhino _Sun command, there you can export your sun settings as json.

But would definitely be great to be able to save it inside enscape or at least be able to lock the sun inside enscape

• Official Post

Thanks a lot for all of your Feedback - Due to technical reasons it is currently not possible to save the sun settings (time of day) in Enscape-Rhino views directly, but as has been mentioned it's still possible to save the sun settings into a file through Rhino itself, and hereby we also advise keeping the Enscape-Rhino view name used for the file produced by Rhino as well for easy context/reference.

Our developers are also aware of the demand to have these settings saved into our views directly, so if something ever changes in terms of getting around certain technical limits, I'll let you know.